Do you want to improve the lives of people with disabilities and vulnerable people?
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an award-winning international development aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
HI UK is looking for an experienced, highly organised and results-driven fundraiser to join our exceptional team as our Fundraising Officer. If you are keen to work for an international organisation, are happy to be hands-on in a small team and have a can-do attitude, this job is for you!
HI UK is committed to diversity and inclusion. We recognise that discrimination shapes the opportunities that many people have in society and that people have different needs in order to realise their full potential. Addressing this requires organisations to be proactive in creating environments that encourage the inclusion and development of all. Though we still have a long way to go, inclusion is central to our identity at HI UK and we are strongly committed to the continuous work that it requires.
We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with disabilities and/or from Black and minority ethnic backgrounds, to help make us more representative. If you have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the role, we will guarantee you an interview.
BACKGROUND INFORMATION AND PURPOSE OF THE POST
Humanity & Inclusion’s 2016-25 global strategy, recently reviewed at its mid-point, translates into an ambitious delivery plan in the UK. Our aim is to build on our success to date and achieve a step-change in private fundraising, including individual giving.
This role will support the Fundraising Manager to deliver our fundraising strategy by developing and running our individual-giving campaigns.
The Fundraising Officer will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of an ambitious and integrated individual-giving strategy, in line with UK and Federation priorities
- Manage our donor database to ensure the data is kept in line with GDPR and is used to amplify campaigns, import and export data and create relevant reports
- Liaise with Finance colleagues on reconciliation processes, with the support of the Fundraising Manager
- Work with the Fundraising Manager on creating relevant, resource-based fundraising campaigns and adapting them as necessary
- Work with the Team Manager on a cohesive supporter journey and communications strategy
- Work with other colleagues in the Fundraising team and support the team assistants on a day-to-day basis to create a positive working environment
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Fundraising Campaign Management
- Manage the day-to-day set-up and implementation of fundraising campaigns to raise private (unrestricted) funds, balancing retention of existing supporters and new income generation
- Write high standard fundraising and donor copy, across our lead-to-call, mail and email campaigns
- Manage the database to ensure donor information is accurate and data is imported / exported accurately
- Provide support and input into campaigns with the Fundraising Manager
- Develop content for our digital channels
- Work with the Team Assistants to develop a market-leading approach to donor care and to ensure all donor enquiries are well managed
Finance and Reporting
- Support the Fundraising Manager in producing finance and other requested reports to manage campaigns and reconcile income
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with HI UK colleagues and the Federation’s Fundraising and Communication team
- Represent the organisation at relevant external events and meetings
- Keep up to date and adhere with any changes in legislation, regulatory procedures, innovation, best practice and industry standards in relation to private fundraising
- Any other activities commensurate with the level of the post, as may be required by the Fundraising Manager or other members of the team
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter along with the diversity monitoring form by email or post.
If you wish to use an alternative way of applying, please contact us to ensure that this is submitted in the best format.
If you disclose a disability during your application process and you meet the minimum criteria for the role, we will contact you to discuss any reasonable adjustment you might need at the interview. However, if you have not disclosed, please be aware that any candidate invited for interview will be asked if any reasonable adjustments are needed.
If you wish to disclose a disability, please do so in your covering letter.
Please send you CV, Cover Letter and Diversity & Monitoring Form
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.