Do you want to improve the lives of people with disabilities and vulnerable people?
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an award-winning international development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster.
HI UK is looking for an experienced, highly organised, results-driven individual to join our Major Giving Team as a Major Giving Officer.
If you are keen to work in an international environment, love building relationships with prospective donors, writing inspiring funding proposals and organising events, are happy to be hands-on with multiple priorities in a small team, and are ambitious about hitting targets, this job is for you!
Humanity & Inclusion’s 2016-25 global strategy, recently reviewed at its mid-point, translates into an ambitious delivery plan in the UK. Our aim here is to build on our success to date and achieve a step-change in private fundraising, especially Major Giving and digital fundraising, and significantly raise our public profile.
Building on the last five years of our programme, this role will:
- Collaborate with the Global Specialist in Major Giving (based in the UK and leading the UK Major Giving team) on the delivery and implementation of an ambitious major-giving programme for HI UK, encompassing Major Donors, Corporates and Trusts & Foundations, and in line with UK and Federation priorities.
- Research, spot opportunities, cultivate through phone calls, meetings and events, write proposals and secure five-figure major gifts from a diverse and sustainable base of major donors and corporates.
- Provide excellent stewardship of prospects to produce committed, long-term major donors.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Global Specialist in Major Giving to further develop major giving as a successful and sustainable income stream in the UK.
- Work closely with colleagues working on individual giving, communications and institutional relations, as well as our counterparts in France and other countries, to coordinate actions, create efficiencies and amplify impact.
·Update existing research and carry out new research into our top major donor prospects.
- Develop and implement personalised cultivation and stewardship plans for prospects.
- Ethically screen relevant prospects, in line with our ethical standards and process, and produce briefings for meetings with prospects and donors.
- Manage the HI UK Major Giving database (Efficy), keeping it up-to-date and accurate, and mining it regularly for new prospects.
- Carry out other Major Giving Team processes as required.
- Build your knowledge of the wide range of our work – both thematically and geographically – so you can communicate with expertise to donors and prospects.
- Attend networking groups and external events, when possible face to face, to make contacts and represent HI UK.
·Recruit and manage Major Giving volunteers to support the team, when necessary.
High Net-Worth Individuals and events
- Help create an ambitious plan for developing the major donor income stream at HI UK, using lessons from successful colleagues in other National Associations.
- Work closely with the Individual Giving team to identify potential major donors recruited through HI UK’s mass marketing activities.
- Research new potential major donors or philanthropists who would be aligned with our cause.
- Carefully cultivate these individuals, with a view to securing major gifts.
- Work closely with the HI UK Development Board of senior volunteers, supporting them to reach out to their networks of individuals (and corporates).
- Project manage and deliver high-quality cultivation events for major givers.
- Source and follow up opportunities for HI UK to be the beneficiary of third-party events.
- Produce high-quality leaflets, invitations and other materials for major donors, as appropriate and necessary.
- Give excellent account management to our existing corporate partners, ensuring long-term support; and spot and deliver opportunities to publicise our partnerships through social media and other channels.
- Source information about each project’s impact, write and submit regular reports according to the agreement with each partner organisation.
- Using existing and new research, make pro-active approaches to corporate prospects.
- Identify opportunities to connect directly and build relationships with targeted corporates through networks, introductions and events.
- Liaising with the Federal fundraising team in Lyon for content, write high-quality proposals for five-figure sums (multi-year donations where possible), and submit to targeted corporates .
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with HI UK colleagues, the Federal fundraising and communication teams, and Major Giving counterparts in other HI country offices in Europe and North America.
- Represent the organisation at relevant external events and meetings when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with fundraising regulations and high standards.
- Keep up to date and adhere to any changes in legislation, regulatory procedures, innovation, best practice and industry standards in relation to private fundraising.
- Any other activities commensurate with the level of the post, as may be required by the Global Specialist in Major Giving.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter along with the diversity monitoring form by email or post.
If you wish to use an alternative way of applying, please contact us to ensure that this is submitted in the best format.
If you disclose a disability during your application process and you meet the minimum criteria for the role, we will contact you to discuss any reasonable adjustment you might need at the interview. However, if you have not disclosed, please be aware that any candidate invited for interview will be asked if any reasonable adjustments are needed.
If you wish to disclose a disability, please do so in your covering letter.
Please send your CV, Cover Letter and Diversity monitoring form
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.