We are looking for an experienced fundraising director with a proven track record of success, who has a strong work ethic, fine attention to detail, creative and strategic finesse, takes initiative and has a sheer desire and motivation to set and deliver ambitious results.
We are HUMEN, the mental health charity. HUMEN is leading the movement to improve and maintain men's mental health through The HUMEN Space. Providing a preventative and accessible solution to men suffering in silence and dying too young. We are striving to change the narrative until a prevention over crisis approach is the norm, not the exception. The HUMEN Space: Gym for Your Mind are anonymous and non-clinical spaces for men to talk, listen and connect on a regular basis. With 76% of all UK suicides being male it is vital to understand this is not a male problem but a human one and it is costing us all so much. #PreventionBeforeCrisis
Why we need you:
We are a fresh, ambitious and tenacious charity, now ready to scale. We’re not just about awareness, everything we do is always about action. We’re looking for a passionate, driven and experienced fundraising director to join us in becoming the leader in this space.
You will be responsible for developing and leading the fundraising strategy and establishing clear action plans to deliver the strategy to meet income targets, reporting to the founder and CEO.
Are you someone who is:
· an expert in trust & foundation prospecting, bid writing, innovative fundraising campaigns and stakeholder engagement?
· highly motivated to reach and exceed personal and team targets?
· an excellent relationship-builder: persuasive, dynamic, diplomatic, and at ease interacting with senior stakeholders in a business environment?
· an exceptional communicator– both written, in person and over the phone?
· a natural networker - alert to new partnership opportunities with the confidence to pursue them?
· excellent at planning and has exceptional project management skills?
· able to juggle conflicting internal and external stakeholder needs?
· a self-starter and willing to get stuck in and go above and beyond to grow an exciting start up charity who has the potential to become the leader in the men's mental health space?
· Extensive experience of working at a senior level in the Charity sector
· Experience of developing a fundraising and marketing strategy to maximise income growth
· Experience across diverse fields of fundraising including individual, major and corporate funding and understanding of key fundraising markets.
· Confident and inspiring communicator with a strong portfolio of contacts (trusts, corporate, individuals)
· Strategic, innovative and results driven professional with a track record of success
· Ability to contribute to overall leadership and development of the organisation
· Educated to degree level
To be successful in this role – what we need from you:
Confidently lead on all fundraising streams
Develop specific FR bids to Trusts and Foundations, and build funder relationships. Prospecting future bids – researching the wide range of trusts and foundations to identify givers that are aligned with the mission of HUMEN and the outcomes of our programme.
Follow up on and develop existing fundraising opportunities (from various sources)
Manage and increase our supporters – you will manage, maintain and develop our portfolio of supporters. This will also include engaging with trusts and foundations at networking events, creating innovate campaigns and other creative ways to build awareness of our work and funds amongst key stakeholders.
Evolve our corporate fundraising strategy - develop and deliver a corporate fundraising strategy, seeking to increase the giving potential of corporate supporters and new corporate foundations.
Write compelling bids – writing high quality and detailed bids to trusts and foundations in order to reach ambitious voluntary income targets. This will require an excellent understanding of the charity’s outputs, outcomes and financial activities in order to provide a compelling case for supporting the charity. Excellent organisational skills are also required to ensure that new and existing bids are submitted in a timely manner and that grant reporting is diligently adhered to.
Essentially we are looking for someone who has significant experience of fundraising, managing, planning, delivering, evaluating and reviewing strategic and operational fundraising activities, with budget and financial knowledge. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, managing relationships with funders and a passion to help change the narrative from a crisis only method to a prevention approach when it comes to our mental health. You’ll have excellent IT skills including databases, CRMs (proficiency with Google Sheets and docs is a must).
We need someone who strongly believes in our mission and feels as passionate as we do about changing the narrative from a crisis response to a prevention approach in men’s mental health.
HUMEN is a leader in the men’s mental health space, we currently have five locations across the UK and in response to COVID-19 we have launched the HUMEN Space Online. We have received funding from The National Lottery Community Fund, Sir Stelios Philanthropic Foundation, Tesco Foundation, Boots Foundation, Julia and Hans Rausing Foundation, Aviva Community Fund, City Bridge Trust and Lloyds Bank School for Social Entrepreneurs. We are backed by high profile supporters including Bill Nighy, Andrew Scott, David Gandy, Tom Odell, Alan Carr and Danny Cipriani. Part of HUMEN’s identity which makes us unique, stand out and draw in supporters, beneficiaries, funders and major donors is our power of storytelling for the change we strive to make. In 2019 we achieved this with a five part documentary - The HUMEN Series. We secured a 6-week media partnership with the Evening Standard and an advertising campaign with Global Outdoors across the whole of the London Underground and Manchester city centre.
You are human. I am human. We are HUMEN. We look forward to hearing from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.