Humentum is a global nonprofit/charity focused on advancing operational excellence for social good. We build the capacity of staff at international development and relief organizations to address the operational challenges they face while working toward their missions. Humentum was created from the merger of three well-established organizations: Mango, a UK-registered charity and social enterprise that specializes in financial management; InsideNGO, a Washington, DC-based member association of international non-governmental organizations; and LINGOs, a virtual not-for-profit capacity building organization specializing in eLearning. This role is part of the client services team that designs and delivers consulting, training and longer-term projects for Humentum’s clients that are typically international donors and non-governmental organizations.
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the efficient and effective operation and continuous improvement of the Member and Client Services team and its associated processes and systems. This includes managing the central client engagement team that collectively supports Humentum’s consulting, in-house training and long-term projects. This team has responsibility for supporting managers across Humentum acting as opportunity owners on our Member and Client Services opportunities, which involves business development, negotiation, resource management and contracting with clients. The role is also responsible for the development and maintenance of the client service systems and processes (Salesforce and KROW) and managing the relationships with Humentum’s network of about 50 independent consultants who carry out most of the training and consulting on behalf of Humentum. The location is remote based form the United Kingdom, Kenya or Uganda.
- Experience of managing leads and scheduling resources within a professional services or similar team or function.
- Experienced people manager.
- Enjoys working as a part of a highly motivated team.
- Strong portfolio and project management skills.
- Experience of designing and implementing operations systems & processes focused on customer engagement and management and how to best support and automate these with technology.
- Manage, and work as part of, the client engagement team so that all leads are managed to an agreed process and where a decision is made to bid that these are progressed quickly and by assigning the best-placed staff member to take forward the opportunity.
- Manage and support the Client Engagement Managers as they work as Opportunity Owners or in support of other Opportunity Owners to coordinate proposal preparation and submission, negotiation and contracting with clients.
- Lead the ongoing process of engaging and developing the team of consultants that Humentum maintains to support clients with training and consulting.
- Identify and implement process and efficiency improvements in the client services function.
- Manage and develop Humentum’s mechanisms for gathering, and applying lessons learned from, feedback on Member and Client Services.
- Participate in team meetings, organizational meetings and other special staff initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the spirit and intent of the position.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- University degree or equivalent experience, which demonstrates the ability to analyze complex problems and communicate solutions in writing.
- Experience of winning work, managing work and managing leads and scheduling resources within a professional services or similar team or function.
- Experienced people manager.
- Team player
- Experience of designing efficient operations processes and how these can be supported and automated with technology.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using data base administration tools; experience with Salesforce and KROW a plus.
- Preferable business and/or project management qualifications or equivalent experience.
Skills and Attributes
- Track record of demonstrating initiative and the ability to solve problems.
- Excellent customer service, communication and relationship management skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own and others work to ensure quality.
- Highly organized approach to work and able to manage and communicate this through agreed organizational processes and systems.
- Able to manage complex projects, while managing multiple stakeholders’ expectations and achieving the intended results and deadlines.
- Business development: ability to identify client needs and modify proposals and style of presentation to different clients.
- Financial management skills: ability to co-create budgets and manage to them, able to produce financial reports and understand how to account for Work-in-Progress (WIP) and accruals in a professional service-based environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and shift workload to meet deadlines.
Job Related Information
This role is home based and part of a wider global team who all work remotely, you will need to work independently and as well as part of the team to achieve team-based targets.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.