Humentum is a global nonprofit focused on advancing operational excellence for social good. We build the capacity of staff at international development and relief organisations to address the operational challenges they face while working toward their missions. The IFR4NPO Project is an initiative to develop International Financial Reporting guidance for Non Profit Organisations over 5 years, in partnership with CIPFA, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy.
There is no global body with the authority to issue an accounting standard for NPOs, much as there is broad agreement that it is needed. The credibility and validity of the final product, and therefore the extent to which is gets adopted, is dependent on a very high level of engagement and feedback from the sector. The Marketing & Communications Officer role, as part of a project team of 3, is therefore critical in ensuring we take advantage of the best strategies, media & messaging options to reach our ambitious engagement targets.
- Ensure that stakeholder engagement targets are met.
- Ensure that the Project Communications are professional and effective.
- Ensure GDPR and other relevant contractual requirements are adhered to.
Advise on Project Comms strategy
- Liaison with project partners to agree on appropriate platforms & approaches (LinkedIn, Twitter, Blogs, Humentum Connect, polls, podcasts, videos etc)
- Ensure presence on agreed platforms is effective, with regular engaging posts
Lead and participate in a process to develop a new WordPress website for the IFR4NPO project
- Engage with website developers
- Add pages and content to project website
- Make edits to website as needed
Support in the development of content for the Project
- Formatting content including newsletters, videos, blogs, infographics, press releases.
- Provide cover for other team members, as necessary
- Play an active role in the team and the organization’s on-going development
- Other duties commensurate with the post and as requested by the Project Director IFR4NPO, Humentum
Qualifications & experience
- Degree in Marketing and Communications or equivalent
- Managing relationships with web designers and videographers
- Experience of managing relationships between comms department and other departments in an organization
- Experience developing presentations and infographics
Skills & Attributes
- Confident in use of relevant software: Adobe premier pro, wordpress, final cut pro, mailchimp
- Interest in the not-for-profit or social enterprise sector in the region
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and proven ability to work cross-culturally
- Highly motivated, energetic, organised, positive and inspiring approach to work
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Demonstrable commitment to our mission and values, and to delivering excellent services to our members and clients
- The right to live and work in the country where you are located
- At least 3 years experience in a marketing & communications role
Equal Opportunities Statement
Humentum is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.