Using Anonymous Recruitment
This organisation is using Anonymous Recruitment to reduce bias in the first stages of the hiring process. Our system keeps your personal information hidden until the recruiter contacts you.
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Please note some elements of the role have been clarified. If you have already submitted an application, please ensure you still meet our requirements.
HCCN is a charity that supports people from being diagnosed with cancer, receiving treatment and beyond. Our shared goal is to help people back to independence with a renewed sense of self esteem. "Living your best life-despite cancer".
Our vision is to normalise the experience of cancer by providing a place where people can go, as and when they need to, to access therapy, learning and social interaction.
We need our Programme Manager to be able to:
- manage our existing portfolio of programmes and activities, ensuring that all activities are delivered according to scope, schedule, budget, safety and quality standards
- develop/implement new programmes/activities to meet the needs of the people we support
- supervise and motivate the contractors who act as activity leaders
- engage with and motivate the volunteers who support activity leaders
- ensure compliance with all relevant processes, legal requirements and standards
- manage the locations across Huntingdonshire that we use and seek additional "hubs"
- ensure the charity continues to respond to the needs of the people we support
- act with integrity and respect - be confident, proactive, seek out and listen to what people are doing and want to do
- be creative – respond positively to what you hear, be innovative as you develop and test ideas for new services and activities
- be resourceful, think outside the box and gaing support – people and money – to deliver locally to meet agreed outcomes in the areas of emotional wellbeing, physical activity, nutrition and 1:1 support
- develp your budget, aware of essential financial constraints to ensure sustainability
- know and care about people with cancer and the issues that affect them
The role is hybrid. The applicant will be required to work at our Bradbury House location on at least 1-2 Fridays each month when we run our drop-in and hold operational meetings. The address is Mayfield Road, Huntingdon, PE29 1UL. In addition, the post holder will be required to attend in person on other days as needed, for example, our Men’s Group in Huntingdon on Wednesday mornings, our Women’s Group on Wednesday evenings, and new activities on other days and locations around Huntingdonshire, together with occasional evening and weekend working in the Huntingdon area.
The time commitment is 20 hours per week at the rate of £30 per hour. Our preference is for the post-holder to be a self employed contractor.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.