I CAN is looking for an experienced systems accountant or a management accountant with experience of implementing new or upgraded financial systems, with the ability to make a start before Christmas.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of Finance & IT and will be responsible for:
• Supporting the management of a process (currently ongoing) to review the needs of our new or upgraded finance system.
• Supporting the quarterly reporting and forecasting process for Q3.
• Supporting the documentation of current processes underpinning our ways of working.
• Supporting the implementation of procedural changes to provide greater transparency of income and expenditure from trading activities.
• Capture requirements from different teams to ensure that automated workflow for purchasing and expenses can work to its highest potential.
• Gathering business requirements to inform revised systems structure and future reporting.
I CAN is the UK’s leading children’s communications charity, established in 1888. The charity runs two special schools, a social enterprise developing and selling resources to support children with communication difficulties, an enquiry service for parents/carers and professionals, a number of bespoke voluntary income and government-funded programmes, initiatives to influence key government departments about the plight of children with SLCN and a grant-giving communications consortium of 36 charities and social enterprises with a focus on children’s communication.
To apply, please send in your up to date CV, along with a covering letter before the closing date. Interviews are scheduled to take place, via Zoom, on Friday 11 December 2020. Your covering letter needs to be no more than two sides of A4 evidenced against the five points detailed below, which will inform our shortlisting process:
• Qualified accountant with experience of SORP and evidence of continuous professional development.
• Experience of upgrading and/or being involved in implementing new finance systems.
• Experience of analysing and producing management accounts and forecasts.
• Good knowledge of cost accounting and analysis
• Experience of managing process improvement tasks or projects.
For more information download our job description and recruitment pack provided below.
I CAN works within the government’s Covid-19 guidelines.
I CAN is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, particularly Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately, we are not always able to respond to every applicant. If you have not received a response within one week after the closing date, you have not been successful on this occasion.