iDE creates income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households. Our beliefs are best summarized in a series of simple statements that guide our daily actions. Poor women and men have the right to a secure livelihood. Markets are the most powerful force for significant, widespread and lasting impact on rural prosperity. The rural poor are customers, producers, and entrepreneurs. We listen to and learn from the people we work with. We value innovation and entrepreneurship. We are results-oriented, aiming for significant impacts for large numbers of people. We strive for economic, social, and environmental equity and sustainability.
iDE is a global effort that spans offices in 14 countries, encompassing 4 social enterprises, employing over 1,000 people directly, and indirectly enabling many more through our market-based approaches in agriculture; water, sanitation, and hygiene; and finance.
iDE UK is looking to appoint a new Trustee to join the iDE UK Board of Trustees.
As a member of the Board of Trustees, you will have an important role in protecting iDE UK and iDE’s reputation, connecting iDE UK with relevant stakeholders, and ensuring iDE UK is carrying out its charitable purpose. You will also support UK’s Resilience and Partnerships Director in the UK and iDE’s global team to lead the organization, building on the organisational strategy and workplans.
- Work with iDE UK’s Board of Trustees to develop, frame and review iDE UK’s organisational direction and strategy, and ensure iDE UK achieves the goals and objectives defined in its governing documents;
- Provide support and constructive challenge to iDE’s global leadership team and iDE UK’s Trustees (yourself included) and hold them to account for iDE UK’s performance;
- Ensure iDE UK’s financial and operational viability including approval of budgets, review of financial statements and financial reports presented to the Board of Trustees, and ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place to safeguard iDE UK’s assets;
- Attend iDE UK Board meetings and contribute to key strategic debates within the organisation;
- Safeguard iDE UK’s values, policies, reputation and assets;
- Contribute actively to the Board of Trustees’ role in shaping and reviewing key organisational policies;
- Act in iDE UK’s best interest to ensure that the organisation complies with its Articles of Association, Charity Law, Company Law and any other relevant legislation or regulation, and ensuring the effective management of resources and of risk;
- Represent iDE UK at key events and promote the organisation within personal and professional networks;
- Attend iDE UK-led events.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in becoming a Trustee, or if you have enquiries on any aspect of the appointment, please write to the email indicated in this ad.
Applicants should include a CV and a personal statement setting out your motivation in applying for the role.
At this time, we are looking for a Trustee with residence in the UK.
Expressions of interest are reviewed by the committee on an ongoing basis. If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.