Position Summary/ Objective
To ensure the smooth functioning of the administrative needs for the IFAW UK office, responsibilities include the delivery of core office services, processing daily mail and deliveries, coordinating meetings, welcoming visitors and other general office duties as reasonably assigned. The Operations Coordinator works to ensure that IFAW meets fire, safety and security obligations.
Role and Responsibilities
Day to Day Running of Office:
- Ensure that the office is a professional, safe and organised environment:
- Induct new staff on the office protocols incorporating health and safety, fire and security, to include visitors, temporary staff and volunteers. Keep key policies and procedural documents up to-date and visible, and keep staff informed of provisions and changes.
- Oversee office security – ensure secure access to the office by staff, visitors and contractors; issuing office keys and managing their safe-keeping.
- As Fire Warden take lead responsibility to ensure that fire evacuation procedures are effective; maintain the Fire Log book, fire equipment, fire alarm and fire doors. Conduct statutory checks on fire and electrical equipment. Ensure appropriate numbers of and training of Fire Marshals.
- Work with Head of Finance and Operations to evaluate appropriate office insurance to ensure adequate and appropriate cover. Keep staff travel log for all country offices except HQ, for travel insurance purpose and coordinate travel claims – liaise with broker, staff and handling queries.
- Assist staff with booking travel and accommodation in accordance with the IFAW travel policy
- Deal with the building manager on matters affecting the office accommodation - service charges, utilities, parking, building services – attending tenant meetings as required. Liaise with the UK Director and Head of Finance and Operations on matters relating to the office lease arrangements.
- Work with the Head of Finance and Operations to maintain the HR records in accordance with legal requirements, ensure all PANs, TANs and HMRC forms are kept up to date
- Ensure that all parts of the office and all internal and external storage facilities are kept neat, tidy and orderly.
- Ensure confidential waste is removed appropriately on a timely basis and take responsibility for finding new outlets for the recycling of returned merchandise as and when required.
- Provide support to the Head of Finance and Operations on administration of payroll and pension scheme, as needed.
- Work with the Head of Finance and Operations to maintain an accurate asset register accurately accounting for all equipment, furniture and furnishings as per financial audit requirement.
Incoming and Outgoing Mail and Deliveries:
- Receive and process all incoming mail, making sure it is correctly prioritised, sorted and distributed in a timely manner. Dispatch all outgoing mail, ensuring it is sent in a cost effective manner in accordance with procedures including logging of monies sent in accordance with IFAW audit procedures.
- Ensure all returned mail is sorted into the various categories as per procedures and handed to Supporter Relations (SR) daily; extract all returned premiums as required; identify any address hygiene issues when noticed; identify to SR any incorrectly packaged returns and keep records of quantities.
- Ensure that a member of staff in each department is kept fully trained on the franking machine and DHL/Courier services and that cover is put in place for days when the Operations Coordinator is out of the office.
- Undertake key projects affecting the effective operation of the office and other duties as consistent with the post as requested.
- Assist with planning major donor events, calendar mailouts, bulk stationery orders etc.
- Attend inter-departmental meetings, take notes and minutes on request and update team as required.
- Assist with other administrative or operational tasks as requested by Head of Finance and Operations or UK Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Proven organisational skills and ability to work in a collaborative and structured manner to get effective and efficient results.
- Excellent time management skills and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to act independently and to work effectively with staff at all levels across the organisation.
- Effectively able to multi task and deal with shifting responsibilities from across the organisation.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Strong team player with ability to use initiative and to take direction as required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong IT skills, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
Please note that this position is office based, however, we operate a hybrid working model and you will be expected to work 3 days a week in the office.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities will change from time to time to meet the needs of the department and our company.
At IFAW, we aim to create and foster a workforce that reflects and contributes to the diverse, global community in which we work to improve the lives of both animals and people. We are dedicated to fostering justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion so we actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds.
INTERVIEWS WILL COMMENCE 20TH SEPTEMBER WITH THE START DATE EARLY OCTOBER
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.