Ignite Hubs is a new charitable organisation that is run and led by volunteers. We are looking to pioneer innovative and exciting ways for children and young people to learn.
Our vision is to nurture and enrich young minds to explore, grow and learn. We seek to equip each child or young person with the tools and skills to be successful in school and life.
We aim to:
- Create the best learning environment for children and young people from all backgrounds and abilities, particularly:
- Children and young people that have special educational needs and disabilities.
- Children and young people from disadvantaged or vulnerable backgrounds.
- Value, support and develop our volunteers and help them realise their potential and aspirations.
- Build a better community and bring people together.
We plan to offer classes, workshops and events to children and young people on a wide variety of subjects such as coding, science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), enterprise, creativity & innovation and health & wellbeing.
We are based at Peckham Library, London SE15.
We are creating an online learning platform for children and young people. We are looking for an experienced, agile, Moodle Developer to help us with this mission by creating an LMS system from scratch. You will be part of a strong IT team and be fully supported by an experienced CTO.
As a Moodle Developer, you will work closely with the Website Development team and UX/UI Designer, and be responsible for the creation, development, and implementation of the Moodle learning management system. You will have previous hands-on development experience with PHP using Moodle, the experience of packaging eLearning course materials using Articulate and/or other SCORM/LRS compliant tools, CSS, MySQL, HTML, and Bootstrap.
You will also have experience in the following areas:
- Experience with PHP using Moodle, the experience of packaging eLearning course materials using Articulate and/or other SCORM/LRS compliant tools.
- Find solutions to novel coding and relational data issues and the resourcefulness to troubleshoot issues independently.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms.
This is a great opportunity to play an instrumental and exiting part in a new organisation. There will be plenty of opportunities to shape and grow the role as well as gain skills in other areas.
- Full supported