Ignite Hubs is a new charitable organisation that is run and led by volunteers. We are looking to pioneer innovative and exciting ways for children and young people to learn.
Our vision is to nurture and enrich young minds to explore, grow and learn. We seek to equip each child or young person with the tools and skills to be successful in school and life.
We aim to:
- Create the best learning environment for children and young people from all backgrounds and abilities, particularly:
- Children and young people that have special educational needs and disabilities.
- Children and young people from disadvantaged or vulnerable backgrounds.
- Value, support and develop our volunteers and help them realise their potential and aspirations.
- Build a better community and bring people together.
We plan to offer classes, workshops and events to children and young people on a wide variety of subjects such as coding, science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM), enterprise, creativity & innovation and health & wellbeing.
We are based at Peckham Library, London SE15.
At the Code Hub, we teach coding to children and young people aged 7 to 18 years old. We are based at Peckham Library and operate every Thursday from 6:15pm to 7:15pm, during term-time. We are now offering remote coding sessions running on the same day and time.
We are looking for friendly and reliable people to join our team of committed volunteers to help deliver our remote sessions. We teach the following languages; Scratch, HTML/CSS and Python and plan to include Arduino, Robotics, Game Design and Development, Apps and Digital Design in the future.
You can be from a technical or non-technical background. Training and resources are provided.
You will be free to move between our remote and in-person sessions to add variety and broaden your experience.
This is a great opportunity to play an instrumental and exiting part in a new organisation. There will be plenty of opportunities to shape and grow the role as well as gain skills in other areas.
- Full supported
- Training and resources provided