Imagine Independence is a third sector organisation that supports people to live full and meaningful lives. Imagine campaigns to promote the inclusion in society of individuals with a range of needs, from mental illness, learning disability, neurodiversity, and complex behaviour that challenges. Its portfolio of services is expanding and so this is a great time to join the organisation.
Position: Director of Finance & Business Systems Job Reference: 21/62
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week Salary: £ 43,000.00 per annum
Based in: Liverpool
As the Director of Finance & Business Systems you will support the Assistant CEO and the SMT on all aspects of Imagine’s financial management and business systems, ensuring the finance and related business functions of the organisation operate efficiently and effectively. You will also be responsible for helping to improve internal business processes and implementing agreed changes to them. You will report to the ACEO, on matters including, but not exclusively, the organisation’s compliance with all relevant regulations related to its financial and/or business functions (including but not limited to VAT, PAYE, Direct Debits, and audit requirements.)
Imagine is looking for a Director of Finance and Business Systems to support the organisation’s finance and other central business functions. This is a tremendous opportunity to contribute to the development of a well-respected third sector social care organisation as it expands it service offer to people with mental illness, learning disabilities and other complex needs.
This role will oversee the provision of key financial and management information to the SMT and Board to facilitate effective organisational operation and business development. The post holder will work closely with the Assistant Chief Executive Officer, Trustees and SMT, helping to determine/deliver on long-term financial goals and supporting the development/delivery of strategies to achieve the financial, IT, asset management and business development objectives of Imagine Independence.
The post holder will be a member of the Senior Management Team reporting to the ACEO and supporting them in the following areas of their responsibility:
- Finance, including annual accounts, tax, and audit functions.
- Business planning, including financial forecasting.
- Payroll and HR systems.
- IT systems and management information development/delivery.
- Deputising in the absence of ACEO at the request of the CEO.
- Be a fully qualified, experienced accountant who wants to make a difference in your daily working life.
- Have commercial skills and business acumen that you can apply in a third sector environment.
- Have a track record of involvement in the development and implementation of strategies, together with the underlying business processes to ensure success.
- Have experience of working with a range of external stakeholders and internal business partners.
- Enjoy working in a team yet be equally comfortable working alone.
- Be a confident manager of both individuals and teams so that they can deliver on organisational goals and add value to the overall operation of the organisation.
- Act as an advocate for the organisation with both colleagues and external partners/stakeholders.
Be a confident and effective communicator, who can make finance and business processes come alive for colleagues.
For further details and to download an application form, please visit our website.
Completed application forms/CV’s are to be returned by no later than the closing date/time either by email or post to 25 Hope Street, Liverpool, L1 9BQ.
Our benefits include contributory pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and career development opportunities.
An enhanced DBS will be required for this post.
Closing date for applications: 23rd September 2021 at 5pm, interviews to be held in Liverpool on the 4th October 2021.
Imagine aims to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community