Application deadline: Midnight Tuesday 16th August 2022
Interview dates: Tuesday 23rd and Wednesday 24th August 2022.
- We are actively recruiting for this role and may bring the closing date forward should we find the right candidate.
- We plan to hold the interviews in person, but we can accommodate interviews online at request. Please notify us in your application if we need to make any reasonable adjustments to accommodate you at the interview.
- As part of the interview process you will be set a short skills-based task.
Start date: As soon as possible
Reporting to: Chief Executive
ILPA is an equal opportunities employer. We acknowledge that the legal and charitable sector can be less accessible to people from minoritised, racialised and lower socio-economic communities and we’re committed to unsettling the status quo. In this role you will wear many hats and we recognise that the successful candidate may not have all the skills and experience listed in the personal specification. We welcome applications from you if you can see yourself in this role and have an appetite to gain new skills, knowledge and experience. We particularly welcome applications from individuals who have lived experience of the UK immigration system.
Purpose of the role:
This is an exciting time for an experienced membership professional to join the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association. We are looking for someone to join our small, friendly and dedicated team. You will be working collaboratively across the organisation to deliver a high-quality service to our passionate and committed members.
We’re looking for someone who is confident in managing a programme of activities relating to membership recruitment and retention. You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills and be a confident communicator who can demonstrate a high level of service standards when engaging with our members. You will be responsible for maintaining accurate and GDPR compliant member records and seek to utilise the potential of our CRM and other digital tools to streamline processes to improve both the member, and secretariat administration experience.
This role will appeal to you if you enjoy creating and implementing new ideas, enjoy working with digitial tools, and working in collaboration with members, partner organisations and colleagues to deliver strategic aims.
To succeed in this role you will need to have excellent digital proficiency, have an aptitude for problem solving and be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with ease.
In this role you will wear many hats and will work collaboratively across our small team. Your time will roughly be split as follows:
Membership = 60%
IT and Digital = 40%
- To be the first point of contact for all membership related enquires and working closely within our small team to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Promote member engagement and ensuring that all members are fully aware of the opportunities they have to be actively involved in our community
- Maintain accurate and GDPR compliant records of our membership on ILPA’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database – being the Salesforce administrator
- Manage reputational risk of membership including overseeing the use of membership logos, claims of membership and membership eligibility and maintaining relationships with the relevant legal regulatory bodies (OISC, The Law Society and Bar Council), and being first point of contact for any member-related complaints
- Oversee the membership application and approval process
- Lead on managing the lifecycle of membership invoicing using Salesforce and Quickbooks Online. This will involve working closely with the Finance Manager and Membership, Information and Diversity Officer to ensure the accuracy of membership invoicing, income reporting, and renewals
- Lead on the promotion of membership retention by expanding the proportion of our members who have an annual renewal via Direct Debit and associated administration of our online direct debit provider GoCardless
- Lead on the development of a long-term member recruitment, engagement and retention strategy
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of membership growth and retention, identifying new opportunities and areas on which to improve
- Produce quarterly secretariat reports for the committee of trustees and contributing to the ILPA annual report by synthesizing qualitative and quantitative membership data
- Lead on ILPA’s annual members’ survey
- Manage ILPA’s annual online election of the committee of trustees
- Work closely with the Training Officer to plan a series of events and activities to promote membership engagement as well as encourage new entrants into the sector of immigration law
- Work closely with the Fundraising and Communications Officer to develop a membership communications strategy
- Lead on the administration of Salesforce and Campaign Monitor
- Manage support contracts and lead on external communications with our third party digital providers
- Lead on the management and maintenance of the ILPA website
- Lead on the onboarding of new staff and inducting them into ILPA’s digital systems
- Be the first point of contact for ILPA members with IT related issues ie. issues logging onto the website or booking training online
- Extrapolate data from ILPA’s digital platforms (Salesforce/Wordpress/Google analytics etc.) and disseminate to the ILPA team in a digestible and coherent way in order to inform and enhance our outward communications and activities
Essential skills, experience, and qualities:
- Experience of working within a membership organisation
- Experience of working in a customer, member or client facing role
- Experience of building and managing effective professional relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Experience of managing or administering a CRM management system, preferably Salesforce
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to positively communicate with a wide range of people in a professional setting, with demonstrable ability to communicate effectively in challenging situations
- Excellent IT proficiency and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress (or similar website management system) and QuickBooks (or similar financial administration system) and the ability to support others to use software and programmes
- Excellent planning, coordination, organisational and time management skills
- The ability to analyse data and produce reports
- The ability to think strategically and take a calm and diligent approach to problem solving
- The ability to take a proactive approach to independent working, managing your own workstreams effectively, and the confidence to take responsibility for tasks and decisions
- Committed to the principles of a non-racist, non-sexist, just, and equitable system of immigration, asylum and nationality law practice
- Committed to the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion and taking a proactive approach to keeping abreast of best practice in these areas
- A commitment to be a champion of ILPA by positively encouraging your team, identify and encourage opportunities for growth and celebrate success
Desirable skills, experience, and qualities:
- Experience of working within a charitable organisation, preferably within the refugee or human rights sector or one that takes a people centred approach
- An interest and/or understanding of the immigration law sector in the UK
- Experience of implementing change and working with others to create new ways of working
- Ability and willingness to undertake training relating to this role
- Lived experience of the UK immigration system
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.