About the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association
The Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA) is a professional association the majority of whose members are barristers, solicitors, advocates and OISC regulated advisers practising in all aspects of immigration, asylum and nationality law. Academics, non-governmental organisations and individuals with a substantial interest in the law are also members.
Founded in 1984 by leading practitioners in the field, ILPA exists to promote and improve advice and representation in immigration, asylum and nationality law, through an extensive programme of training and disseminating information and by providing research and opinion that draw on the experiences of members. ILPA is represented on numerous Government, official and non-Governmental advisory groups and regularly provides evidence to parliamentary and official enquiries.
The Secretariat does not give advice to members of the public on individual cases but works closely with members to ensure that they are enabled to do their best for their clients. It runs ILPA’s busy training programme and produces a wide range of information for members and non-members.
The objectives of ILPA are:
- To promote the advising and representation of immigrants
- To provide information to members and others on domestic and European immigration, asylum and nationality law
- To secure a non-racist, non-sexist, just and equitable system of immigration, asylum and nationality law practice
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of the Office Administrator role is to undertake a range of administrative tasks in the ILPA office and to work collaboratively within a small team to deliver high quality resources, training and engagement with its members and key external partners. The Office Administrator will often be the first point of contact for ILPA members and the general public and will play a key role in responding effectively and managing membership engagement.
The post-holder will work closely with the ILPA Chief Executive, Membership Manager, Training Officer and Legal team to ensure that ILPA’s charitable objectives are being met and that we are actively engaging with the needs of our members in the ever changing landscape of immigration law and practice.
Enquiries and communications:
- answer telephone enquiries regarding membership and training
- Responding to enquiries from the public regarding immigration advice and signposting effectively
- Provide support for the ILPA working groups: dissemination of information to working group email groups; maintenance of working group website pages and members’ calendar on website
- Manage correspondence by answering emails and sorting and distributing mail
- Manage ILPA job advertisements; deal with job advertisement enquiries, maintenance of job advertisement website page, invoice members and manage communications with job advertisement mailing list
- Manage ILPA’s Info Service distribution list (members and non-members)
- Provide administrative support in all areas of membership engagement – helping to ensure current members are aware of member benefits and engagement opportunities
- Process ILPA membership applications, liaise with applicants and referees, invoice accordingly through ILPA’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Salesforce database and QuickBooks,
- Maintain and update member records and ensure information is recorded accurately on the CRM
- Assist in the monthly renewals process including invoicing and receiving money, promoting uptake of Direct Debit, encouraging renewal and take up of member benefits, reporting on lapsing members
- Provide administrative support in the development and delivery of ILPA membership networking and recruitment events
- Provide administrative support in membership recruitment activities
- General administrative support with the organisation and delivery of training, conferences and the ILPA AGM
- Other administrative tasks as requested by the Chief Executive and line manager
- Attending internal and external meetings and events as required
- Be willing to complete any internal and/or external training relating to the role
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.