How to apply
Self-Advocacy Group Supporter – Part Time (Contract)
Burgess Hill and Littlehampton, West Sussex
Impact Band 3 / NJC Point 22 / £21,496 per annum (pro rata) Plus Pension & Generous Holiday Allowance
Funded by West Sussex County Council, Impact Advocacy Service currently supports two Self-Advocacy groups for people with Aspergers in West Sussex. We are currently looking for a supporter to join our team. The role of the supporter will be to work alongside people with Aspergers to operate their own Self-Advocacy groups.
The role entails supporting the groups to:
- Run monthly group and committee meetings
- Undertake their committee roles, i.e. Secretary or Treasurer
- Work on campaigns and/or projects that they have planned
- Encourage new members
- Attend external meetings
Requirements for this role:
- Experience of working with people with Aspergers and Autistic spectrum conditions (ASCs)
- A good understanding of self-advocacy
- An ability to communicate well with people with Aspergers and ASCs
- An ability to work effectively within group settings
- An ability to work flexible hours, and attend both day and evening meetings
- An ability to travel independently around West Sussex
Closing date for applications: 9.00 AM, Monday 5th August
Interviews will be held in the week beginning 12th August
This is a part time role working 22 hours per week, including three evenings per month for a contract until the end of June 2020.
To apply for the role of Self-Advocacy Group Supporter (Part Time, Contract), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Self-Advocacy Group Supporter, Self-Advocacy Group Support Worker, Self-Advocacy Support Worker, Support Worker, Group Support Worker, Aspergers Group Support Worker, Aspergers Support Worker.