How to apply
Self-Advocacy Supporter - Speakabout (Part Time, Contract)
Field Based, Covering Worthing, West Sussex
Impact Band 3 / NJC Point 22 / £21,496 per annum (pro rata) Plus Pension & Generous Holiday Allowance
Funded by West Sussex County Council, Impact Advocacy Service currently supports four Self-Advocacy groups for people with Learning Disabilities in West Sussex. We are currently looking for a supporter to join our team. The role of the supporter will be to work alongside people with Learning Disabilities to operate their own Self-Advocacy group.
The role entails supporting the groups to:
- Run monthly group and committee meetings
- Undertake their committee roles, i.e. Secretary or Treasurer
- Work on campaigns and/or projects that they have planned
- Encourage new members
- Attend external meetings
Requirements for this role:
- Experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities
- A good understanding of Self-Advocacy
- An ability to communicate well with people with Learning Disabilities
- An ability to work effectively within group settings
- An ability to work flexible hours, and attend both day and evening meetings
- An ability to travel independently around West Sussex
Closing date for applications: 9.00 AM, Thursday 8th August
This is a part time role working 12 hours per week, including two evenings per month for a contract until June 2020.
To apply for the role of Self-Advocacy Supporter (Speakabout, Part Time, Contract),
please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Self-Advocacy Supporter, Self-Advocacy Group Support Worker, Self-Advocacy Support Worker, Support Worker, Group Support Worker.