Evaluation & Learning Manager
Impact on Urban Health is part of Guy’s & St Thomas’ Foundation. Our collective mission is to build the foundations of a healthier society. Nestled in the heart of Southwark, London, our foundation boasts a rich history. We operate in collaboration with our local NHS hospitals through our charity brands. Additionally, we establish partnerships with local organisations, funding essential programs to drive change.
As part of our team, you will work alongside talented people from a mix of personal and professional backgrounds. We are a Living Wage employer and support flexible working, part-time roles, and job shares. Though our ambitions are serious, this is a friendly place to work with lots of opportunities to meet and socialise with colleagues. We believe there is immense power in diversity and aim to recruit and nurture talent who think and act differently.
About the role:
We are recruiting an Evaluation & Learning Manager, to support evaluation and learning across our Impact on Urban Health programmes. This role is designed to enable Impact on Urban Health to achieve our aim of embedding learning at the heart of everything we do. This is achieved by providing expertise, setting standards, and supporting colleagues and partners to design evaluation & learning strategies.
You will lead on providing technical evaluation and learning support to our Portfolio Managers and funded partners, ensuring that all evaluation and learning activity within funded projects meets the strategic objective of each programme.
At Impact on Urban Health, we are building a portfolio of programmes that demonstrate the power of long-term approaches to complex health issues in urban environments. We focus our efforts on the London boroughs of Lambeth and Southwark, working in partnership with residents, local and national government, community and private sector partners to improve the health of local residents. By doing this, we aim to influence others in the UK and internationally to create better health. The programmes focus on children’s health and food, multiple long-term conditions, the health effects of air pollution and children’s mental health and are all at different stages of development.
- You can bring extensive experience of leading social research and evaluation design and implementation in a social sector context.
- You have expertise in either, or both, quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- You have expertise in adapting evaluation methods and approach to different contexts and types of intervention, and size/ scale of projects.
- You can demonstrate your ability to take a structured approach to task implementation and managing priorities.
- You are a collaborative team-player.
- Up to 12% employer pension contributions
- £1000 annual personal development budget
- Annual health and wellbeing personal allowance of £400
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, and parental leave pay accessible without length of service requirements.
- Health and wellbeing programme that offers optional free yearly health check-ups.
- Support for healthy eating via fruit bowls and onsite lunch facilities.
- Agile working, flexible hours, and supportive IT kit.
- Shower facilities and bike lock area.
- Generous annual leave (27 days + bank holidays)
- Subsidies for glasses
- Employee Assistance Programme
At Guy’s & St Thomas’ Foundation, we are dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion in every aspect of our work. Cultivating a highly skilled and diverse workforce is pivotal to fulfilling our mission. We strongly encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 8th January 2024
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.