We are looking for a Head of School Partnerships to lead our work supporting schools to maximise life chances for young people.
ImpactEd is an award-winning social enterprise that supports schools and education organisations in understanding the impact that their programmes and interventions have on pupil outcomes. We exist to improve outcomes and life chances for children by helping leaders to better identify and prioritise those programmes that are making the biggest difference.
We work in partnership with schools and education organisations to develop capacity for research and evaluation, and use our digital platform to make high-quality monitoring and evaluation easy. Most of our work is in or with schools, including collaborations with national school groups such as Challenge Partners, United Learning and Academies Enterprise Trust.
Founded in 2017, ImpactEd launched into schools in September 2018. Since then we have been growing rapidly. We won the 2018 Teach First Innovation Award, were finalists in the 2019 Education Resources Awards and have had our work profiled by the Department for Education.
Having rolled out nationally over the course of the last year, the organisation is at a pivotal point in our growth and development. Our ambition is to support teachers’ use of impact evaluation to make meaningful decisions to improve outcomes for tens of thousands of pupils over the coming years.
The role of the Head of School Partnerships will to be define, deliver and refine our overall school partnerships strategy to achieve this goal, and develop a team to do so. This is a leadership position that will contribute directly to organisational strategy and sustainability; recruit, manage and coach a growing team of partnership managers; and support business development including sales to schools. You will also manage partnerships first-hand with a number of schools and school groups, with the level of direct delivery reducing over time as the school partnerships team grows.
As a leadership role within the organisation, we are looking for someone with deep understanding and experience of the UK school system, a track record of successful people and strategic leadership, and insight into the role high-quality research and evaluation can play in making a difference to educational outcomes. You would be joining a dynamic education start-up with opportunities for significant development and progression in line with organisational growth.
Essential skills and experience:
- Deep understanding and experience of the UK school system (you could be a former teacher or school leader, but we’re open to other experiences of the sector too)
- Track record of strategic leadership and people management
- Understanding of research and evaluation and willingness to learn further if required
- Business development, sales and presentation experience, particularly in educational contexts and to high-level senior stakeholders
- Ability to move between strategic thinking and operational delivery and contribute to both
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of a programme or partnerships role for another education organisation.
- Highly-developed communication skills, both written and verbal. You will be equally happy putting together written proposals, drafting complex responses to difficult questions, and developing relationships face to face and over the phone.
- Entrepreneurial and solution-focused: you can think on your feet, and act independently to devise solutions to challenging problems fast, while maintaining high standards.
- Rapidly growing social enterprise with a social mission at its heart.
- Agile and flexible working – flexible hours, work from home options, responsive management, high levels of feedback and professional development opportunities.
- Opportunities for significant growth and career progression.
- Join a team with a track record of success in both technology and education, including the founders of The Brilliant Club and Super Being Labs.
The application deadline is Monday 9th September at 9am. First-round interviews will be held in London on the 12th and 16th of September. Second-round interviews will be held on the 18th September. Please note that exceptional candidates may be invited to interview ahead of this time, so early applications are strongly encouraged.
For further details and to apply: see the job description and full job pack at tiny.cc/HSP1.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.