Are you excited about learning and development? Are you an experienced programme coordinator and/or administrator with a passion for designing, facilitating, and evaluating learning? The Student Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the delivery of Imperial College Union’s Emerging Leaders and Imperial Award programmes.
Collaborating with teams across the union (such as Student Activities, Education and Welfare, Administration, Governance and Democracy, Marketing and Events), you will coordinate events and programmes that enhance the growth and development of Imperial students outside of the classroom.
As a tenacious and motivated self-starter the post holder will keep each programme moving forward whilst ensuring that each programme is planned, documented and delivered and reviewed in a manner reflecting best practice and ensuring robust administrative processes are in place for each project. They will produce reports, data, and updates on the evaluation of all aspects of training, development, and participation in the programmes while utilising information from inside and outside Imperial College Union to identify trends to inform improving the service delivery of the team and wider Union.
Duties and responsibilities
With a strong commitment to and driven by the Imperial College Union values of Leadership, Partnership, Democracy, and Inclusivity, you will build strong and effective relationships with colleagues within and outside of the Students’ Union to administer, coordinate, and promote Emerging Leaders and Imperial Award.
Current programme areas include (but are not limited to):
- Administering Emerging Leaders, the leadership skills development programme. This includes providing support for the Student Trainers in administration; managing registration, scheduling, and room bookings; preparing training materials; managing relevant inboxes; monitoring attendance; facilitator liaison; managing systems that support the student development team’s activity; complete evaluations and reports related to engagement, satisfaction, and attendance
- Administering the Imperial Award scheme. This includes responding to enquiries from students, managing administrative systems, providing support for Training and Development Manager and Student Trainers in administration, scheduling and room bookings; preparing training materials; and conducting reports relating to attendance and engagement
- Responsibility for the promotion and marketing of learning and development programmes of ICU and College partners through the Student Development Mailchimp newsletter, social media platforms, the Union website, and for/via members, faculties, academic and student services staff and partners, in collaboration with the Communications and Marketing team.
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of learning and development programmes, including co-delivering student trainer training (‘Train the Trainer’) and supervision, annual content review, researching relevant theory and practice, and developing/maintaining links with projects, agencies, charities, and organisations who can contribute to the development of our programmes.
- Supporting the Education and Welfare team and Student Activities team in the design and delivery of training and development for their volunteers and/or student leaders; support the design and delivery of other training and development sessions or interventions (Active Bystander training, Officer Development Programme, through Online Learning Hub, webinars, newsletters, student staff training, etc.)
Our ideal candidate will have experienced some further or higher education in addition to experience/ knowledge of
- Programme and project design, management, and delivery with a focus on administration, innovation, and evaluation
- Building and maintaining relationships with a diverse set of people and stakeholders
- Event planning
- Supporting learning and/ or training
- Supervising and managing volunteers
- Structures, issues, and trends affecting Higher Education
Additionally, if you have a deep understanding of equality, diversity, and inclusion, and have knowledge of theory and research pertaining to learning and development- we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for a self-starter who is personable and relatable, has a can-do attitude and can adapt in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working across different teams.
As an employee of Imperial College, you will be part of lively community and work in a friendly and relaxed environment. Our aim is to provide to all our employees a supportive and relaxed working environment with an emphasis on personal development and work-life balance. Based on that we offer:
- flexible working hours
- generous pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus 6/7 extra days per year for college Christmas and Easter closures)
- bicycle loan scheme
- season ticket loan
- health benefits
- excellent professional development opportunities and many more.
You can find out more about Imperial College Union by visiting our website.
To apply for the role please complete the online application form.