This is an exciting role for a highly motivated and analytical team-player to support Impetus in its mission to transform the lives of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Impetus is on a growth path. Over the coming years we will be increasing the number of promising charities we fund and provide capacity-building support to. The Data and Performance Analyst will play an important role in increasing Impetus’ understanding of the impact we – and our best-in-class partner charities –have in helping us to achieve this important mission.
You will be working as part of a highly motivated and talented team in an organisation dedicated to continuous improvement. Through insight provided from strong analysis of impact and performance data, you will i) help us continually improve the effectiveness of our capacity-building support and ii) empower our external messaging to influence the wider education and employment sectors in which we work.
The role will involve regular interaction with all Impetus colleagues and our partner charities. Duties will include collecting, managing, and analysing relevant data from various sources to provide important insight on performance and impact; and producing reports and presentations which are easily accessible for colleagues and stakeholders. You will also support the development of performance management tools and lead ad hoc data/performance projects to deepen understanding of performance and impact.
To succeed in this role, you will be a highly motivated and analytical individual with excellent data analysis and presentation skills, including a high level of competence in MS Excel. You will show great attention to detail and be committed to improving performance through data. You will also be exceptionally organised with the ability to use your initiative to manage and prioritise a busy and varied workload. In addition, you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation to achieve a shared mission.
Data collection and management
- Map annual performance reporting calendar for all relevant stakeholders
- Maintain and develop templates and processes for i) collecting internal and external data and ii) generating key performance reports
- Manage and develop performance databases and knowledge, ensuring i) they meet the needs of different users within Impetus, ii) compliance with GDPR and data security
- Lead the collection of quarterly performance and annual survey data from partner charities, Impetus teams and other stakeholders
- Lead and document processes for auditing data quality.
Performance reporting, analysis, and presentation
- Support definition of KPIs and measurement scales where relevant
- Produce regular performance reports vs. KPIs for key stakeholders: Investment Team, all staff, Investment Committee, SMT, Board and Impetus’ donors
- Run analyses on performance data and pull-out key insights and risks, to inform the focus of quarterly Investment Team performance reviews of our work with partner charities
- On an annual basis run more detailed and comprehensive analyses on performance data, including charity partner outcomes vs. benchmarks, to inform the focus of our Annual Review. The Annual Review aims to give a full view of our impact and value for money in the year and seeks to improve our programme of capacity-building support.
- Produce clear and insightful summary presentations in PowerPoint, for use as a basis for team discussion
- Support live presentation of data and facilitation of discussions
- Document and track progress against agreed actions from Annual Review and quarterly performance reviews, including for strategic planning and projects; implementing relevant actions where appropriate.
- Produce ad-hoc reports to support external fundraising and communications.
Leading ad hoc data/performance projects to deepen understanding of Impetus’ and our partner charities’ performance and impact
- Support Investment Directror-Impact Lead in the development and ongoing review of Investment Team and Impetus-wide impact strategy, plus the scoping and planning of projects within this
- Support ongoing efforts to benchmark charity partner outcomes and trace the impact of Impetus’ work on charity performance, including with a value for money lens
- Lead ad hoc data/performance projects, such as: i) cross-portfolio analyses of charity partner income, costs, and staffing, and ii) analyses of charity impact as part of Impetus’ due diligence process and preparation for Driving Impact workshops
- Provide support, advice and training on data management and analysis for the wider Impetus team where needed, including contributing to digital transformation efforts
- The Data and Performance Analyst may also be asked to support on other workstreams on an ad-hoc basis.
- Passion for drawing insight from data to continually improve performance and impact, with a strong affinity to Impetus’ mission
- Experienced data administration and analytics background, with the ability to produce high-quality outputs to clearly explain findings incl. from complex data sets
- Highly analytical and numerate
- Experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from sometimes large, disjointed data sets containing structured and unstructured data
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of working with CRM systems (we use Salesforce)
- Good knowledge and experience of using data presentation tools e.g. Tableau, Power BI or Google Analytics is desirable but not essential
- Highly attentive to detail
- Clear approach and tools for auditing and validating own work and analyses
- Strong planning and time management
- Able to make right trade-offs or seek timely input from line manager to prioritise work
- Able to form productive, trust-based relationships with colleagues; and hold them to account on expected input into Performance Management processes
- Strong communication with charity partners
- Structured, clear on expectations, empathetic
- Displays tenacity and initiative
- Growth mind-set; seeks out and acts on feedback.
- A commitment to Impetus’ mission
- A commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
How to apply
Please send a comprehensive CV and supporting statement to us by 9am Monday 11 July 2022.
Please visit our website and download an information pack for more details.
- First round interviews will take place week commencing 18 July 2022
- Second round interviews will take place week commencing 25 July 2022
Your personal data will be shared for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes our HR team, interviewers (who may include other partners in the project and independent advisors), relevant team managers and our IT service provider if access to the data is necessary for performance of their roles. We do not share your data with other third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you.
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more open, creative and gets better results. We want our team at Impetus to represent the diversity of the people and communities we serve. We also want our team to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued, and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We want to reach a diverse pool of candidates. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that potential employees may need to in order to be successful.We recognise the importance of a good work/life balance. We do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including working from home, working part-time job shares and other arrangements. Please just let us know in your application or at any stage throughout the process (and beyond) if these are options you’d like to explore.
Impetus is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, or marital status. We value diversity and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.