Duration: Part-time – 22.5 hours a week over five or four days per week, Permanent
Location: Central London, NW1 2DX
Starting date: November 2019
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Key relationships: Staff, IT and telephone support companies, office suppliers, and building management
Salary: Equivalent to a full-time salary of £22,000 per annum
Impetus transforms the lives of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds by ensuring they get the right support to succeed in school, in work and in life.
We find, fund and build the most promising charities working with these young people, providing core funding and working shoulder-to-shoulder with their leaders to help them become stronger organisations.
In partnership with other funders we help our charities expand and we influence policy and decision makers so that all young people get the support they need.
We work with over 20 charity partners and employ approximately 40 people, including the Operations team, covering office management, information technology, finance and human resources.
Impetus is setting up the Youth Endowment Fund, a bold new attempt to put early intervention at the heart of efforts to tackle youth offending. It supports interventions and community partnerships working with children at risk of being drawn into crime and violence, and build up our knowledge of what works to prevent that.
About this role
Your key objective will be to ensure we have an office that runs smoothly so staff can focus on their work supporting, in various ways, disadvantaged young people.
We want a well-organised, tidy office with printers and other services working all the time and meeting rooms set up well. We also want to get the best out of our IT and telephone support companies. And we are always looking for ways to do things better.
We are in serviced offices now but moving to new, leased offices in early 2020. You will have an important role in making sure the office move goes well and liaising with our current and future building managers.
The role is for 22.5 hours a week. Ideally these would be spread over five days (though we are open to them being over four days). We can discuss this at the interview or in advance if you want to have a chat about working arrangements.
You’ll be working with other members of the Operations team, sometimes supporting them and vice versa.
- Keeping the office tidy and in good order
- Looking after our meeting rooms so that they look professional and are ready for use. Thinking about ways we could make them better
- Making sure our printers and other office equipment work well
- Keeping our stationery cupboard well stocked and tidy
- Answering the phone and greeting visitors
- Working with our IT and telephone support companies to ensure they are supporting our staff well and being a point of contact (with the Finance and IT Manager) for staff
- Liaising with the managers of the building our offices are in
- Dealing with suppliers of stationery, office equipment, office plants, and other office-related goods and services
- Supporting health and safety arrangements in the office
- Working out ways we can be greener in the way we operate our office
- Helping our HR team with interview arrangements and other bits of administration
- Generally helping out the Operations team and other teams at, for example, events.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.