Contract: 4 days a week (open to flexible options)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 pro rata
Location: Remote working with 2 days/week in our London office
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Direct reports: none
We are seeking someone to join us on a permanent basis. To ensure business continuity during our search, we are open to an interim or temporary contract with an immediate start.
About In Kind Direct
At In Kind Direct, we believe everyone deserves access to life's essentials and no usable product should go to waste. Since being founded by HRH The Prince of Wales in 1996, £297m of products have been donated by 1,250 manufacturers and retailers. We’ve diverted 32,725 tonnes of stock from going to waste, helping 11,655 charitable organisations.
We provide a single contact point for companies to donate new consumer goods such as toiletries, cleaning and laundry products, clothes, toys and office supplies to the communities that need them. Working with big names including P&G, Essity, Kimberly-Clark, PZ Cussons, and Amazon; we are the only UK charity with the infrastructure able to deliver this service at scale. The overall impact is an efficient, practical solution which improves people’s lives, makes giving easy for companies, and unlocks vital resource into the charity and voluntary sector.
Our network of thousands of charitable partners is a diverse mix of UK charities, community groups, food banks and schools. The majority of those we work with have an annual income below £100,000, working with either a handful of staff or run by volunteers. In 2021, we generated £27m in savings for our network.
We are looking for an experienced finance professional with attention to detail and excellent communication skills to join our small finance team within the Partnerships & Impact division. You will be responsible for delivering all aspects of the charity group’s financial transactions & processes and tasks. This role will work with the Finance Manager to develop a business-partner approach to finance and grow financial understanding across the organisation. This is an exciting opportunity to join us on our growth journey as we aim to triple our impact for communities by 2025.
You will lead on delivering efficient and robust processes that maximise the power of our systems to enable our growth. Confident working independently, as well as excited to collaborate across teams, bringing your insight that leads to strong decision making. You will manage specific areas including payroll, liaising directly with the HR function. We believe this role would be a great next step for someone with established financial experience looking to develop and share their knowledge.
Management Accounts & Treasury support (50%)
- Preparation of management accounts including comparison with budget and forecasting.
- Updating and monitoring budgets and cashflow, working as a business partner to teams to advise and challenge.
- Support the smooth running of projects with accurate and timely financial information, helping ensure any funder requirements are met.
- Work with the Finance Manager to prepare the charity’s group & entity annual accounts and support the annual audit process.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the IKD group chart of accounts.
- Responsible for developing financial reports, using e.g. JET/MS power BI
Transaction processing, VAT & Inventory records (25%)
- Input and maintain accurate financial records, including:
- All income including grants, donations and ecommerce charges
- Banking records across the Group and associated allocation of funds
- Compliant donation recording to meet any funder requirements.
- All assets, debtors, creditors, accruals, and prepayments.
- Sales invoices, BACS reconciliation and payment journals.
- Ensuring all month and year-end procedures are followed and regularly reviewed.
- Intercompany reconciliation across the IKD Group.
- Responsible for the group VAT accounting and returns
- Responsible for maintaining fixed asset and inventory list with depreciation calculations.
Process improvement and organisational planning support (15%)
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and long-term strategic planning.
- Lead on the continual review of financial processes to achieve time-savings and ensure compliance with accounting and data regulation.
- Power user of financial systems, championing their development and process automation
- Support organisational forecasting to support robust decision making and resource planning. Working with staff across the organisation to offer guidance and insight.
Payroll and pension (10%)
- Responsibility for payroll, pension administration and benefit management.
- Liaise with HR function to ensure processes are robust and timely.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Qualified accountant ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Experienced user of Dynamics Nav/Business Central for accounting
- Strong IT skills, particularly MS Excel
- Adaptability and strong interpersonal skills, especially when meeting deadlines
- Excellent time-management skills
- An eye for innovation, and openness to doing things differently
- Ability to communicate financial data and analysis concisely and engagingly
- Accurate data entry skills with a methodical, diligent approach
- Post-qualification experience; preferably within the charity sector (D)
- Experience of dealing with a trading subsidiary (D)
- Experience of working across teams (D)
Working at In Kind Direct
Our team receive excellent training and development, and a host of staff benefits including an interest free travel loan, volunteering days, 25 days holiday each year (plus public holidays, pro rata) and 7% pension scheme entitlement.
We seek to challenge discrimination and are committed to our values of kindness, togetherness, integrity and innovation. We are on an organisational journey to achieving our EDI vision and welcome any questions about our progress and aspirations. We especially welcome applications from anyone with lived experience of being on low income. We will meet all reasonable expenses and make reasonable adjustments for anyone invited to interview.
How to apply
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.