We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who has excellent written and verbal communication skills to be part of our busy fundraising team. You’ll have some experience of writing grants to trusts and foundations and in forming partnerships with a range of funders such as trusts and foundations, industry leading organisations and CSR organisations. You’ll also be helping us to formulate a strategic fundraising plan.
In2scienceUK’s aim is to promote social mobility and diversity in science, technology, engineering and maths. We do this by leveraging the skills and passion of researchers and STEM professionals to support young people from low socio-economic backgrounds to achieve their potential and progress to degrees and careers in STEM.
The Development Officer role is an exciting role which will enable the delivery of an expanded programme in 2023. Your main responsibility will be the strategic planning and delivery of the in2scienceUK fundraising strategy. Your specific duties will include:
Planning and strategy
- Development of a creative fundraising strategy which will include leveraging support of trusts and foundations, universities, STEM companies, research institutes, science societies as well as individuals and corporate support
- Researching grants from Trusts and Foundations and writing exciting applications
- Ensure clear and on brand messaging of our charity, its programmes and impact
- Overseeing the development of new fundraising projects
- Reporting and disseminating grant and project outcomes
- Maintaining and managing our funders database.
- Formulate high quality fundraising materials to engage new funders.
- Manage and support current major relationships and coordinate the input of staff, trustees and other stakeholders in the management of these relationships.
- Attend meetings to ensure key stakeholders remain updated and engaged in our work.
- Speak with potential funders to inspire them to support our mission and following up with well formed proposals.
- Represent In2scienceUK at events as appropriate, particularly local business networking groups and events involving local universities, research institutes and science societies.
Communications and team work
- Play an active role in the In2scienceUK team, and across the organisation as a whole, upholding In2scienceUK’s values and behaviours and fostering good working relationships and enhanced communications with colleagues.
- Understand and comply with charity law and Fundraising Code of Practice with respect to corporate fundraising.
- Keep abreast of CSR commercials and not for profit news and events including fundraising tools and skills development.
- Track, analyse and report upon performance using agreed performance measures. This will include summary reports on accounts.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times and ensure proper observance of and adherence to all In2scienceUK’s policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for personal administration and efficient organisation of all activities.
- Other relevant duties as determined by the line manager.
- Experience of income-generation
- Experience of giving presentations, pitches and a proven ability to close deals
- An understanding of trusts and foundation grant writing
- Enjoys public speaking and spreading the word about In2scienceUK
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with partners at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write clear, accurate and appealing text for different audiences including marketing materials
- Be able to write marketing material and press releases
- Highly accurate with a strong attention to detail when handling information
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent IT skills to enable the production of appealing and professional Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work with external partners and manage sponsorship relationships.
- Experience of gaining funding agreements through high quality applications to Trust and Foundations
- Experience of selling sponsorship or media packages to companies
- A passion for written marketing
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.