in2scienceUK is looking for two part-time Regional Programme Officers to coordinate our innovative programme giving young people from low income backgrounds the opportunity to reach their potential in STEM.
To date, the charity has supported over 1000 young people from low income backgrounds through an impactful programme involving STEM work placements and skills days. Over the next two years we have ambitious aims to grow the programme to support more young people throughout London, the South East, South West, East of England and the West Midlands and you will be pivotal in enabling us to do so.
As the in2scienceUK regional programme officer you will be someone who enjoys working with young people and has an understanding of the barriers facing young people from low socio-economic backgrounds access higher education. You will also be able to work with the Regional and London team and with multiple external stakeholders to deliver programme related activites, workshops and events.
- Conducting recruitment of students and hosts, which may include school visits, outreach to potential hosts, as well as working closely with organisations and academic institutions, speakers and existing partnerships.
- Coordinating student interviews and placement matches.
- Facilitating the delivery of skills and knowledge-focused workshops as required to support young people develop the neccessary skills to be confident in thier persuit of their future careers.
- Coordinating placement visits and other means of monitoring and supporting students and hosts during their placements.
- Reviewing and preparing materials for students and scientists at induction days.
- Maintaining up to date records through the programme’s database, supporting evaluation and research needs and ensuring data protection.
- IT skills: competent user of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Gmail and relevant database experience.
- Ability to write clear, accurate and appealing text for different audiences.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Passion for working with young people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that adapt to a range of audiences.
- Highly organised and efficient, able to prioritise tasks and be persistent.
Please send a CV and covering letter. Your covering letter should be no more than two sides of A4 and should outline why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above, drawing on specific examples. Please indicate which regional role you are applying for.
Position: Regional Programme Officer
Location: Birmigham or Exeter (work from home) some regional travel required.
Hours: 16-24 hours/per week (to be agreed with candidate)
Salary: 24,000 - 27,000 (pro rata)
Contract: 9 month fixed-term contract
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.