Fundraising & Partnerships Manager
Location: Flexible, but with regular travel to our office in Oxford. Able to work from home providing a good internet connection.
Do you have experience of winning funds from institutional donors and developing partnerships with organisations to collaborate on projects? Want to take on a new challenge as a fundraising & partnerships manager and help a pioneering organisation change the world for the better? If so, read on.
INASP is an international development organisation with over 25 years’ experience of working with a global network of partners in Africa, Latin America and Asia. We believe that research and knowledge have a crucial role to play in addressing global challenges and contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. Our mission is to support individuals and institutions to produce, share and use research and knowledge, in support of national development.
We’re now looking for an experienced, highly motivated funding and business development specialist to join our team. You’ll help us to attract further funding and develop strategic partnerships in support of our vision to put research at the heart of development. You will ideally be based within easy reach of Oxford to enable regular time to be spent at INASP’s Oxford office, but you will be able to work from home (providing you have a good internet connection).
Why You Should Get Involved
This is an amazing opportunity to make a big difference in a small organisation that is rapidly diversifying its funding base to support a growing portfolio of programmes and projects with a wide range of partners.
It’s an exciting time to join our team and this role will suit someone who is passionate about international development, winning funds and developing the partnerships we need to deliver projects that have the power to change lives.
We are committed to creating a positive working environment and investing in our staff. As a member of our team, you’ll be eligible for the below rewards and benefits:
- Salary of £32,000 - £39,000 per annum
- Flexible working
- Health and wellbeing benefits
- Group income protection insurance
- Death in service scheme
- Travel benefits
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Travel insurance for work-related travel
- Vaccinations and security training for work-related travel
- 25 days’ annual leave, rising to 30 after five years (exclusive of bank holidays)
- Time off in lieu
- Aviva Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional development opportunities
Your Role in INASP
As our fundraising & partnerships manager (known internally as Partnerships & Business Development Manager), you will be responsible for managing INASP’s funding and business development activities - identifying and developing funding opportunities, responding to proposals and building new programme partnerships.
In this vital role, you will liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders including trusts and foundations, government funding bodies, think tanks and NGOs across the globe. We are looking for a highly motivated, resilient and dynamic individual who is able to remain calm under pressure and deliver quality work to tight timeframes.
Your duties will include:
- The ongoing development and implementation of institutional funding strategy with a focus on strategically important donors across a diverse range of funding streams
- Working closely with the Executive Director, Programme Director, Head of Marketing & Communication and other teams to identify opportunities, develop proposals, and build relationships with prospective funders and partners
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline of funder prospects and prospective collaborative partners
- Overseeing the ongoing development of our CRM database and business development processes to deliver efficient and timely business development support to the organisation
- Reporting on business development activity and areas of potential concern/advantage to the leadership team
What You’ll Need
- Knowledge and experience of responding to funding calls from government funders and developing funding relationships with trusts and foundations
- Experience of developing and maintaining partnerships with organisations to collaborate on project ideas and respond to funding calls
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
Other organisations may call this role International Fundraising Manager, Business Development Manager, Funding Manager, Partnerships Manager or Charitable Fundraising Manager.
INASP is committed to creating an inclusive working environment, promoting and providing equal opportunities in employment, respecting diversity and avoiding unlawful discrimination at recruitment and during employment. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of their race, gender identity, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
So, if you are ready to do something great with your career as our fundraising & partnerships manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.