We present an exciting opportunity to join the Senior Management Team of one of the largest charities in the UK.
About the Organisation
The organisation is the largest community funder in the UK – they have supported over 11,000 community projects across the UK, enabling even more people and communities to bring their ideas and ambitions to life. They support a wide range of health, educational, environmental, and charitable projects.
As part of their transformation to working more closely to the communities they support, they have created 6 regional teams across England, run out of 6 regional offices: London, Birmingham, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds and Exeter. Team members are dispersed, based in their local communities.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Senior Management Team and to lead their responsive funding across their 6 regions. The regions span a diverse and complex geography and their grant portfolio reflects this. They are present in almost all communities across England and their funding supports communities to address almost all of what matters to them today.
The aim of the role is to maximise the impact of their funding and lead the strategic direction and management of the regional grant portfolios. You will be accountable for all aspects of strategic and operational management, including development of funding priorities, management of the grant budget, operational excellence, staff support and development and key stakeholder management.
Working with the 6 Heads of Region who report into you, you will ensure a level of consistency in the ways of working across the regions.
You will be a key member of the Senior Management Team, maintaining strong relationships with other members of the SMT as well as with colleagues in other country portfolios and in the corporate support teams.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference through the organisation's funding, with a deep understanding of the communities they serve. You will have experience of building and leading teams and driving a high-performance culture through your ability to coach, inspire, and empower people. Your ability to build and maintain excellent relationships with a range of senior-level internal and external stakeholders will be second to none, and you will be a confident communicator, comfortable in all environments. You will demonstrate an ability to work in an agile way, ensuring we are flexible and continue to improve in line with feedback and insights from customers and frontline staff.
As an experienced senior leader, you’ll have an excellent understanding of the organisation's sector combined with a focus on delivery and operational excellence, an eye for improvement opportunities and outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. In addition to this you’ll need to demonstrate your experience and qualifications in these areas:
- Experience and understanding of the environment they operate in and the communities they serve
- Excellent leadership capabilities and highly developed people skills, using your gravitas to enable and develop the regional teams and motivate them to succeed.
- Introducing consistent and realistic core principles, priorities and deliverables based on an understanding of the organisational as well as local context
- Good decision-making skills, considering evidence, analysis and personal experience to take and mitigate risk as appropriate
- Critical thinking, with a natural inclination to challenge the status quo as and when required to drive improvement
- Implementing effective performance management, planning, risk analysis and governance resulting in greater impact and efficiency
- Developing and enhancing relationships with senior stakeholders across sectors, representing the Fund externally
- Experience in budgeting and data analysis, as well as developing and delivering annual and longer-term strategic operating plans
- Values-driven and passionate about the Fund’s purpose
- A competitive salary package
- 25 days of annual leave, rising to 30 days with service, plus public holidays.
- A generous company pension scheme
- They have a variety of flexible working options available to support staff with their work life balance, whilst ensuring the organisation is able to work effectively. This takes into account things such as caring responsibilities, worship and attendance at religious festivals.
- Employee Assistance Programme & Cash Healthcare Plan
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Season tickets and cycle to work loans
- Paid volunteering leave