Independent Age works to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. To achieve this we provide information, advice and connection services for older people; campaign on the issues that matter most to them around health and care, poverty and loneliness and provide capacity building support to others working in the sector.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we transition to our new ambitious strategy for 2021 – 2023 and increase our profile, impact and reach so more people can live a happy, connected and purposeful later life.
In this role you will provide telephone advice to older people, their families and carers on a variety of issues including care and support, money and benefits, health and mobility in England with a focus on welfare benefit advice. Our advisors work on the phone to assess callers needs and advise them on their benefit entitlements, translating the complex benefits system into user friendly language, providing them with the information they need to apply for the benefits themselves. It is important as part of our organisations strategic objectives to enable people to maintain their independence and this role is fundamental in achieving that.
The ideal candidate will have
- Knowledge of the law and practice relating to welfare benefits for older people.
- Experience of applying technical knowledge to calculate welfare benefits entitlement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to translate complex issues into clear, focused and understandable advice for older people to use when making a claim.
- Good generalist knowledge of a range of issues affecting older people including Social Care, Health Services, Housing, End of Life, Bereavement, and Loneliness.
- Excellent record keeping and the ability to manage your own admin related to the role.
- A demonstrable passion for, and affinity with our cause.
As well as a competitive salary we offer 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life assurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and creating an environment where we can ALL be ourselves
We are currently home-based due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, so this role is currently home-based.
To apply, please visit our website to submit a cover letter and up to date CV detailing how your skills and experience meet the criteria within the Job Description and Person Specification.