Independent Age works to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. To achieve this we provide information, advice and connection services for older people; campaign on the issues that matter most to them around health and care, poverty and loneliness and provide capacity building support to others working in the sector.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we transition to our new ambitious strategy for 2021 – 2023 and increase our profile, impact and reach so more people can live a happy, connected and purposeful later life.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Campaigns and Public Affairs Assistant to join our ambitious team. We’re after someone who is highly motivated, organised and dynamic to work with the Campaigns team, Public Affairs team, and colleagues across the organisation to make positive change happen for people in later life.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of, and interest in, politics and current affairs.
- Passion for achieving policy change with and for older people which improves their lives, and an interest in learning more about doing this through campaigning and public affairs activity.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and deliver to deadlines.
- Good attention to detail, consistently producing accurate work and identifying errors.
- Ability to effectively engage, and build rapport with, a wide range of people in person and via telephone, email, video call etc; including colleagues, people in later life and volunteers.
- Good written communication skills including a clear writing style.
- Good verbal communication skills, with experience of adapting style and message for a variety of audiences.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances and manage a busy workload.
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages.
- A demonstrable passion for, and affinity with, our cause.
Each day we go from strength to strength, increasing our impact to ensure that people in later life get a fair deal. We’re excited to welcome a new member of the team on this journey. We look forward to hearing from you.
As well as a competitive salary we offer 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life assurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme and a discount voucher scheme.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and creating an environment where we can ALL be ourselves
We are currently home working due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
To apply, please visit our website and upload a supporting statement detailing how you meet the person specification, as well as an up to date CV.