We live in a country with an ageing population – by 2040, 1 in 4 people in the UK will be 65 or over. At Independent Age we want to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. Our organisation campaigns and provides services to ensure people can enjoy being independent, financially secure, healthy, active and connected in older age.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join Independent Age and help make an impact on the lives of older people.
As people age, they are often let down by the systems in place to support them. Whether they struggle to manage multiple medications, live with undiagnosed conditions, or don’t receive treatment when they need it, older people and their families continually miss out on essential support when they need it most.
At Independent Age we campaign to ensure that the systems that people rely on as they grow older are supportive and enabling so that no-one feels ignored, isolated and marginalized.
Our campaigns are grounded in the experience of people who have been on the receiving end of these broken systems, and our team mobilises public support to ensure solutions are found and implemented across the country.
Due to an internal promotion We are now looking for a dynamic and strategic Campaigns Manager to lead the development of our activity to improve the systems that impact people’s health as they grow older.
The ideal candidate will have…..
- Experience of developing and delivering high impact, creative influencing campaigns involving campaign supporters, with good knowledge of different campaign tools and tactics.
- A strong understanding of how policy, public affairs and campaigning interact to make positive change happen, including an interest in politics and a good understanding of Westminster, Whitehall and local government.
- Experience of involving people who are affected by an issue in the organisation’s campaigning activity, including strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to resolve problems and field queries calmly.
- Experience of writing and editing clear, accurate and engaging materials for a range of audiences and platforms.
- Experience of empowering people affected by an issue to campaign on their own behalf.
- An understanding of the issues faced by older people.
- Experience of building good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, using their intelligence to inform plans and activity.
- Experience of building and retaining a network of campaign supporters, including knowledge of creating engaging supporter journeys.
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively, both in person and via telephone/email with colleagues at a range of levels and disciplines, as well as supporters and members of the public.
- The ability to work independently and proactively to meet strict deadlines on a number of concurrent tasks.
- A strong understanding of GDPR and data protection with experience of keeping accurate records and up to date files.
- Experience of using a variety of digital tools including e-campaigning software and content management systems.
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages.
If you are interested in this role, please click to apply by submitting your CV and Covering Letter detailing how you meet the person specification.
Closing date: Sunday 26th April 2020
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 7th May 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.