We live in a country with an ageing population – by 2040, 1 in 4 people in the UK will be 65 or over. At Independent Age we want to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. Our organisation campaigns and provides services to ensure people can enjoy being independent, financially secure, healthy, active and connected in older age.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join Independent Age and help make an impact on the lives of older people.
As people age, they are often let down by the systems in place to support them. Whether they receive poor-quality care, live with undiagnosed conditions, or struggle to get the benefits they are entitled to, older people and their families continually miss out on essential support when they need it most.
At Independent Age we campaign to ensure that the systems that people rely on as they grow older are supportive and enabling so that no-one feels ignored, isolated and marginalized.
Our campaigns are grounded in the experience of people who have been on the receiving end of these broken systems, and our team mobilises public support to ensure solutions are found and implemented across the country.
We are seeking a national Campaigns Officer who is highly motivated and dynamic, with a passion to improve life for people as they grow older.
Working with colleagues across the Policy and Influencing department, and the wider organisation, the successful candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of how national campaigns can influence decision makers, including how policy, public affairs and campaigns interact to create positive change.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience supporting people to get involved with campaign activity, for example attending an event, contacting their MP or sharing their story.
- Experience of building and maintaining good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- An understanding of the issues faced by older people.
- Proven ability to write content for a range of platforms and publications, translating complex ideas into simple messages.
- Strong verbal communication skills, able to convey messages in an engaging and succinct way.
- Experience devising engaging and creative activities that people will be able, and want, to take part in.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritise effectively and meet deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages.
If you are interested in this role, please sub,it your CV and Covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification.
Closing date: Sunday 26th April 2020
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 6th May 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.