Salary: Circa. £25,175
Hours of work: Full-time (35 hours)
Contract Type: Fixed term (18 months)
Reporting to: Service Manager
Available: 2 positions
Location: Office & community based in Guildford and Waverley
Reconnections is an exciting pilot by Independent Age in Guildford and Waverley supporting people to reduce their feelings of loneliness and reconnect to life. The service works with over 65’s for an average of six months, building their confidence, resilience and social networks. You will be working as part of a small local team overseen by a Service Manager and will benefit from wider support from across Independent Age, as well as a large network of local volunteers.
Encouraging those on your caseload to make plans to reconnect with their interests, activities or community events, recognising their skills but at times their vulnerability. Building relationships with local partners, identifying opportunities to develop community links. Our approach inspires creative thinking to achieve the greatest impact for those we support.
- Using conversational assessment and coaching techniques, seek to better understand service user circumstances and what matters to them, working with them to build a personalised plan based on their interests.
- For around 6 months provide direct assistance which may include a range of practical and emotional support in person or over the phone, signposting and helping access activities.
- Use professional judgement to identify whether each person can be appropriately supported by a volunteer or whether you will provide support directly.
- Work alongside the Volunteer Coordinator to facilitate volunteer matches.
- Offer advice and guidance to the Volunteer Coordinator on the matches they support.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with community partners and work alongside local key professionals where required.
- Maintain accurate and timely online database entries and updates.
- Undertake travel around the area, with occasional need to go elsewhere in the UK.
- Undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role.
- Have fun and challenge yourself at work, model the charity’s values and abide by our policies and practices.
- Caseload management, for instance as a Support Worker, Care Home Worker, Link Worker, Care Navigator or similar position
- Providing services or supporting older people and people with complex and vari
- ed support needs (either through work or personal capacity)
- Existing networks and relationships with community partners and agencies in the area
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Coaching and active listening skills to ensure that the older people supported are heard, inspired and engaged in working towards their goals
- Ability to build relationships at different levels, from participants and their families to community partners, and health and care teams
- Committed to service excellence, ensuring that older people are at the heart of what we do
- Self-sufficient to effectively organise your personal diary, balancing multiple priorities and responsibilities and troubleshoot to find solutions to problems
- Positive, creative, resilient and flexible
- Collaborate effectively within a team while working in a largely remote setting
- Administrative and data input skills
- Familiar with IT e.g. databases, Microsoft Office packages and social media
- Able to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends
- Own vehicle and clean driving licence
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and so the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Independent Age is committed to equality of opportunity and of eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in our Equal Opportunities Policy and all other relevant guidance.
Independent Age is committed to safeguarding and we expect all colleagues to share in this commitment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, we require a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check for all individuals who work with our service users.