It’s an incredibly exciting time to join Independent Age and help make an impact on the lives of older people.
We are looking for someone with a passion for authentic storytelling to join our Content and Creative Services team. This role is essential to support the creation, coordination and delivery of Independent Age’s key content development activities. We are passionate about ensuring that the lives of older people are at the centre of our communications activities and need that same passion for authentic story-telling from the ideal candidate.
In this role you will
- supervise the story-gathering process for the organisation and play a critical role in ensuring that an authentic experience of older age is shared across our channels
- where appropriate, write up stories and/or video scripts for publication/production
- be responsible for ensuring all staff follow the agreed process for content gathering to avoid duplication of the creation of assets or multiple staff members contacting the same older person
- manage our stories database and resource hub, sorting and curating content so that it is easily discoverable
- help embed robust new processes that support case study management and story gathering (text/photo/video), ensuring that we treat personal stories with respect, and that our processes are legally compliant.
The ideal candidate will have some experience as a journalist or a content production background, ideally from the charity sector. Experience of commissioning stories is desirable, as is experience of legal compliance around permissions and consent related to the use of real-life and commissioned photography, videography and any other third-party content.
Independent Age has a wealth of benefits including 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, flexible working arrangements, a generous pension scheme, season ticket loans and access to a discount voucher scheme.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.