We live in a country with an ageing population – by 2040, 1 in 4 people in the UK will be 65 or over. Independent Age exists so that people can continue to live life on their own terms, campaigning and providing services to ensure people can enjoy being independent, financially secure, healthy, active and connected in older age.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join Independent Age and help make an impact on the lives of older people.
As people age, they are often let down by the systems in place to support them. Whether they struggle to manage multiple medications, live with undiagnosed conditions, or don’t receive treatment when they need it, older people and their families continually miss out on essential support when they need it most.
At Independent Age, our dynamic and ambitious policy team analyse the problems that affect people as they grow older, and develop tangible solutions to ensure that no-one feels ignored, isolated and marginalized.
We are looking for a Policy Manager to lead the development of our activity in the health sphere, working to improve the systems that impact people as they age.
The ideal candidate will have…..
- Experience of developing and leading complex programmes of policy work that achieve tangible change, specifically in the sphere of health.
- A strong understanding of how policy, public affairs and campaigning interact to make positive change happen, including an interest in politics and a good understanding of Westminster, Whitehall, NHS structures and local government.
- Proven ability to tailor written language to different audiences when writing briefings, consultation responses, and reports, etc.
- Experience of undertaking and project managing qualitative and/or quantitative research to inform policy positions and development.
- Experience of involving people who are affected by an issue in policy and research activity
- An understanding of the issues faced by older people.
- Experience of building good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including influencing politicians and decision makers.
- Strong verbal communication skills, with the ability to speak with people at all levels in person, by phone and email.
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively to meet strict deadlines on a number of concurrent tasks.
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages.
If you are interested in this role, please click to apply by submitting your CV and Covering Letter, detailing how you meet the person specification.
Closing date: Wednesday 22nd April 2020
Interviews will be held on Friday 1st May 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.