Independent Age works to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. To achieve this we provide information, advice and connection services for older people; campaign on the issues that matter most to them around health and care, poverty and loneliness and provide capacity building support to others working in the sector.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we transition to our new ambitious strategy for 2021 – 2023 and increase our profile, impact and reach so more people can live a happy, connected and purposeful later life.
This role is situated in a department that brings together policy, campaigns and public affairs professionals. Our policy team analyses the problems that affect people as they grow older and develops tangible solutions to ensure that no-one feels ignored, isolated and marginalised. We work across 3 core areas: health and social care, poverty and loneliness. This role will provide vital support to our policy and research activities, ensuring our work delivers the maximum possible impact for older people.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a policy and/or research role or a related field.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to flex writing styles across a range of platforms including reports, briefings, social media posts and blogs.
- Sound knowledge of policy issues as they affect older people.
- Experience of conducting qualitative or quantitative research work.
- Experience of building good working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across teams with different functions.
- An understanding of how policy, public affairs and campaigns activity interacts to create positive change.
- Proven ability to work independently and proactively to meet strict deadlines on a number of concurrent tasks.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages.
As well as a competitive salary we offer 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life assurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme and a discount voucher scheme.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and creating an environment where we can ALL be ourselves.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please visit the vacancy section of our website to view the full job description and to upload your CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.