Public Affairs Officer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and driven influencer to deliver change for older people, as part of a high impact team at Independent Age.
Independent Age campaigns fearlessly for equality and fairness and puts older people at the heart of everything we do. As we grow our profile across Parliament and national and local government, influencing public policy in Westminster and beyond has become an integral part of our organisation’s ambition and success.
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic individual, with experience and knowledge of innovative lobbying techniques, to:
- Raise Independent Age’s profile with stakeholders across Whitehall, Parliament, local government and a range of professional sectors;
- Deliver high profile events and activity in Westminster and at a local level;
- Keep abreast of political intelligence and identify new opportunities to influence public policy on the issues affecting older people;
- Communicate Independent Age’s positions clearly and effectively using a range of high impact and innovative approaches;
- Contribute to ensuring that older people’s needs are at the heart of our work and high on the political agenda.
You will have experience of developing good relationships with parliamentarians and members of local government, as well as a strong understanding of parliamentary process and how to campaign for change.
Each day we go from strength to strength, increasing our impact to ensure that older people get a fair deal. We’re excited to welcome a new member of the team on this journey. We look forward to hearing from you.