Department: Reconnections, Services
Hours of work: Full time (35 hours)
Contract Type: Fixed term (18 months)
Reporting to: Service Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
Location: Office-based in Guildford and Waverley
Reconnections is an exciting pilot by Independent Age in Guildford and Waverley supporting people to reduce their feelings of loneliness and reconnect to life. The service works with over 65’s for an average of six months, building their confidence, resilience and social networks. You will be working as part of a small local team overseen by a Service Manager and will benefit from wider support from across Independent Age.
The post holder will act as the central point of contact for all referrals and enquiries to discuss whether the service is right for them and be responsible for accurate data input, data quality, evaluation and maintenance of service user information. Our approach inspires creative thinking to achieve the greatest impact for those we support.
- Act as the central contact point for all Reconnections referrals and enquiries. This will include telephone, email and face to face communication.
- Contact potential service users to discuss their initial eligibility and suitability for the service and signpost to alternative services where appropriate.
- Allocate and book new referrals to Caseworkers including accurate diary management and understanding of needs of the service users.
- Ensure accurate and timely data input onto relevant systems (including Salesforce) and support data quality processes for the wider team.
- Provide regular feedback to referrers to update them on service users’ progress and encourage further referrals into the service.
- Timely scheduling and collection of evaluation and feedback data from service users, using established tools and guidance.
- Develop and produce regular monitoring and reporting information in line with the service requirements and other reports as required by colleagues.
- Respond to all enquiries to the service as appropriate and escalate where necessary to ensure a satisfactory and timely resolution.
- Provide accurate and timely administrative support to the Reconnections team by preparing correspondence, arranging meetings, producing materials and other administrative activities as required.
- Maintain excellent relationships with all partners involved in the service and support promotion of the service through contact with professionals, agencies, and the general public.
- Undertake occasional travel around the area, with occasional need to go elsewhere in the UK.
- Undertake other reasonable duties commensurate with the role.
- Have fun and challenge yourself at work, model the charity’s values and abide by our policies and practices
- Providing administrative support to a small team
- Use of Microsoft Office packages and databases (e.g. Salesforce)
- Strong customer service experience, ability to resolve problems and deal with queries in a proactive manner
- Preparing data and reports
- Existing networks and relationships with community partners and agencies in the area
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Engaging and empathetic communication skills via telephone/email/written reports/presentations with service users and members of the public as well as with staff and other external contacts
- Write accurately and in plain English
- Excellent ability to maintain efficient office and filing systems and improve administrative systems and processes
- Collaborate effectively within a team while working in a largely remote setting
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, take initiative, troubleshoot and find solutions to problems
- Prioritise and organise work effectively to meet priorities and deadlines
- Able to accurately record data
- Able to work flexibly including some evenings and weekends
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive and so the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Independent Age is committed to equality of opportunity and of eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in our Equal Opportunities Policy and all other relevant guidance.
Independent Age is committed to safeguarding and we expect all colleagues to share in this commitment. As part of our recruitment and selection process, we require a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check for all individuals who work with our service users.