The post provides effective support to ensure services are delivered to agreed targets and milestones with a focus on integrated wellbeing face-to-face and telephone friendship support to enable increased social connections and reduced isolation for older people.
The post-holder will work within a small regional team of staff supporting face to face friendship and other wellbeing services.
- Provide support actions aligned to a range of friendship services including face to face and telephone befriending and other services as required
- Co-ordinate service activity from volunteers and staff to ensure effective service delivery
- Assess the needs of older people needing friendship services to measure service requirements
- Work effectively with high volume numbers of volunteers and older people
- Support the process for the recruitment, support and retention of volunteers
- Ensure all service delivery meets agreed Quality and Organisational standards including responding appropriately to safeguarding issues as required
- Support robust monitoring and evaluation, including impact measures
- Enter, update and maintain data to a high level of accuracy and with good attention to detail on a CRM database
- Produce reports on progress and data as required
- Work with Wellbeing colleagues and staff across Independent Age to ensure older people are involved in service development and evaluation
- Respond to enquiries as required in a timely and courteous manner and manage multiple email inboxes
- Represent IA externally
- Support the delivery of innovation, pilot and partnership activity to further the strategic aims of IA
- Attend team meetings as required at Head Office and other locations as required
• Support the work of colleagues across the organisation including supporting strategic goals and other cross directorate objectives.
• To observe and comply with all Independent Age Policies, including the key policies and procedures on Confidentiality, Data Protection, Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Information Technology Policies and Procedures.
• To undertake specific safety responsibilities relevant to individual roles.
• Some requirement to travel which may involve overnight stays. Some evening and weekend working may be required.
• To work in line with IA organisational values.
• Other responsibilities appropriate to an appointment at this level.
· A-levels or equivalent work experience
· Experience of professional telephone communication in a friendship service or call centre
· Experience of coordinating service activities to ensure projects and work programmes are delivered on time preferably in a charitable service environment
· Strong customer service experience, ability to resolve problems & deal with queries in a proactive manner
· Knowledge of a range of services such as befriending that combat isolation and loneliness
· Experience of working with volunteers and remote staff
· Experience of delivering training to volunteers and staff
· Experience of data entry to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Experience in the use of Microsoft Office packages and CRM databases
· Experience of working independently & proactively to meet strict deadlines on a number of concurrent tasks
· Use of a vehicle for business purposes and a clean current driving licence
• Good knowledge of operational issues in friendship service delivery
• Experience of building relationships and influencing
• Experience of building local partnerships
• Experience of working with people with complex support needs such as dementia, sensory impairment and depression
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Proven management skills including the ability to work flexibly and autonomously, managing individual tasks/projects to meet organisational objectives and deadlines
• Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
• Ability to prioritise and balance a large number of concurrent tasks and organise work effectively to meet strict deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to report on progress both verbally and in writing
• Ability to collaborate effectively within a team
• Ability to communicate and liaise effectively, both in person and via telephone/email with staff and external contacts at a range of levels and disciplines, as well service users and members of the public.
• Ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships in order to meet objectives
• Excellent time management skills
• High attention to detail
Independent Age is committed to safeguarding and this role will require an enhanced DBS certificate and a valid driver’s license.
Job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, and the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties which are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
Independent Age is committed to equality of opportunity and of eliminating discrimination. All employees are expected to adhere to the principles set out in its Equal Opportunities Policy and all other relevant guidance/practice frameworks.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.