2-year, Fixed-term Contract
Scripture Union is a national Christian mission-movement whose aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God. With the help of thousands of dedicated volunteers, we lead a variety of projects, including work in schools, residential activity holidays, published resources and community initiatives.
Scripture Union England & Wales (SU) is looking for a dynamic and experienced fundraiser to join its enthusiastic fundraising team in Milton Keynes. Our mission is to enable children, young people and families to become life-long followers of Jesus Christ.
We are seeking a committed Christian who is passionate about our mission, who understands the values and motivations of Christian donors and is able to communicate SU’s vision and projects in compelling and inspiring ways.
- Working in partnership with key staf across the SU Movement, the successful candidate will be responsible for strengthening relationships and for generating increased income from diferent segments of our database.
- You will play an important role in implementing key objectives of the fundraising strategy, focusing on:
- generating increased awareness about SU’s ministry in the Christian marketplace
- launching new donor acquisition activities
- managing relationships between SU and its supporters
- increasing the number of regular supporters and re-engaging lapsed donors or customers with SU’s ministry.
- Also, you will be expected to invest time and efort in generating inancial support from individuals and churches for our International Ministry, undertaking this through the development of speciic appeals relating to the work of SU International Mission partners.
- Educated to degree level or its equivalent, in Fundraising or Marketing, you will have at least three years experience in fundraising, preferably in a Christian charity setting
Closing date: 2nd November 2015
Interview date: 11th November 2015
Location: Milton Keynes
This role will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service and has an occupational requirement to be illed by a commited Christian, active in church life. Equality Act 2010, Part 1, Schedule 9 applies.
All applicants should be able to demonstrate commitment to the aims and beliefs of Scripture Union.