TITLE OF POST:
Individual Giving Officer
PLACE OF WORK:
£28,000-30,000 per annum
TYPE OF CONTRACT:
30 or 37 hours per week (Considering part time and Full time, Flexible on days)
Annual leave: 25 days per annum pro rata increasing by one day a year after 5 years’ service to a maximum of 28 days (in addition to Bank & Public holidays)
Pension: hyh will contribute 3% of basic salary to The People’s Pension on behalf of the employee. Staff eligible to join the scheme will be automatically enrolled into the scheme at 3% of basic salary on commencement of employment. Once in the scheme a further 5% will be contributed by hyh
Group Life Insurance: 4 times salary. Entry to the scheme is automatic on joining the charity.
Employee Assistance Programme: offering counselling and emotional support to improve wellness and performance.
Are you keen to be part of a growing charity with a focus on making a difference to vulnerable young people in your local area?
Herts Young Homeless works with 16-24 year olds who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, those aged 10-15 whose families are at risk of relationship breakdown and those aged 18+ who are in housing need and have mental health and substance misuse problems.“Last year we were able to support nearly 2,500 young people, to help to prevent them from becoming homeless and to get their lives back on track.”. Our focus is on preventing homelessness by empowering young people to make positive informed choices, through a range of free, countywide, specialist preventative and crisis services.
- The Individual Giving Officer will:
- Contribute to hyh’s overall Fundraising strategy as a member of the Fundraising Team
- Manage a portfolio of existing supporters
- Improve supporter retention and maximise donors’ lifetime value to hyh
- Manage and develop the use of hyh’s CRM effectively to segment data and make insight-led decisions.
- Acquire and develop new donors through solicitation and stewardship plans
- Inspire, motivate and develop the team’s staff and volunteer workforce and maximise their contribution
- Develop all marketing and comms materials through digital and other channels to deliver the programme.
Fundraising & Communications
- Be accountable for the Individual Giving income target of £70k, monitoring and evaluating results with the Fundraising and Communications Manager in order to grow voluntary income
- Contribute to the achievement of the Fundraising team target of £388k in 21/22.
- Day-to-day responsibility for managing relationships and communications with existing supporters.
- Build strong and lasting relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Review, grow and deliver increased income from regular donations.
- Be the Fundraising Lead for planning and executing seasonal appeals
- Develop and deliver effective PR, communications and engagement activities working closely with the Fundraising and Communication Manager and Fundraising team.
- Produce communication plans that ensure online and offline media coverage, with the appropriate call to action for individual giving.
- Work closely with the Events Officer to maximise the effectiveness of engagement and stewardship events
- Research and develop new individual giving opportunities, managing a calendar programme of activity.
- Increase awareness of hyh and encourage a wide and diverse audience of people to support our cause.
- Confidently present the key messages of hyh and encourage support via a variety of media including; informal conversations, networking, presentations, written literature, monthly newsletters, direct mail pieces and website copy.
- Ensure that every supporter receives a high level of donor care and is contacted in an appropriate and timely manner
- Provide the Fundraising & Communications Manager with data and insight to identify HNWI and potential Major Donors.
- Monitor and evaluate income and results and make improvements to future activity.
- Understand and stay informed with developments around GDPR and Gift Aid.
- Work closely with the Digital Communications Officer to develop impactful appeals and campaigns.
- Work closely, in a collaborative environment, with all Fundraising team members to ensure that all individual giving activity is integrated and aligned with the overall fundraising strategy
- Recruit, train, develop and assist fundraising volunteers to support activities
- Ensure that all activities are cost effective as possible, monitoring expenditure to ensure the best possible ROI and profit and to manage income against targets, KPIs and provide regular revised projections as required.
- Use Donorfy, the fundraising CRM, to effectively track, analyse and report on fundraising activities
- Produce post-campaign evaluations and future recommendations for all activities/events
- Manage individual giving administration ensuring that all donations and income is correctly recorded, tracked and thanked
- Work with Finance in relation to regular reporting and banking
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant charity fundraising experience with understanding of supporter acquisition and retention, supporter journey development and understanding of emotional and behavioural motivations for giving.
- Successful track record of generating income and achieving targets
- Experience of developing fundraising or communications initiatives to achieve targets
- Proven ability to engage, inspire and motivate individuals to donate through any chosen channel, with an excellent understanding of online giving and digital channels
- Practical experience of using a CRM database to support relationship management
- Highly motivated with the ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- A commitment to undertake training where required and an enthusiasm for new challenges and experiences
- An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and anti-discriminatory practice
- Experience of working to develop strategic and operational income generation plans (Desirable)
- Preparing and monitoring income and expenditure budgets, financial projections and financial management information (Desirable)
- Excellent communicator in formal and informal communications, both verbally and in writing, to all stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport and communicate sensitively; negotiating effectively to generate support among people from diverse backgrounds and all levels
- Strong analytical and methodical IT skills
- Approachable, creative, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent relationship management skills, with ability to motivate and inspire others
- Creative thinking, imaginative and entrepreneurial attitude towards fundraising
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- Good numerical skills
- IT literate with experience of CRM, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook.
- Understanding of database query, and reporting
- Good understanding of the principles of fundraising
- Good understanding of prospect research methods
- Knowledge of Canva, Mailchimp and Hootsuite (Desirable)
- Understanding of the issues of youth homelessness (Desirable)
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- A commitment to hyh’s values namely; professional, passionate, responsive and collaborative
- Willingness to work flexibly where required
- A full driving licence
If you are hardworking, conscientious and take pride in doing a job well, then we would like to hear from you.
Upon receipt of your CV, should you be successful, you will be invited to a telephone interview.
- Closing date: 6th August 2021
- 1st Interviews: 17th August 2021
- 2nd Interviews: 24th August 2021
- Personal Interviews: 27th August 2021
Should you not receive a response within ten working days, please deem your application to be unsuccessful.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with children or young adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced disclosure will be sought through the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) as part of Herts Young Homeless’ pre-employment checks.
hr inspire Ltd is an equal opportunities business consultancy and employment agency that is serious about its compliance with legislation and GDPR. hr inspire Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this role.
hr inspire promises to act with the upmost integrity and respect when it comes to handling your data.
Please note: By submitting your details in relation to this role you are giving us permission to submit your application to the employer as well as providing your expressed permission to retain your information on our recruiter database of job seeking professionals to contact regarding other similar opportunities handled by our team of in-house Consultants for the next 2 years.
If you wish for us to remove your data from our CRM at any time, please contact us and we will action your request