IRMO is looking for a Spanish and/or Portuguese-Speaking Employment Support Worker to join our Education, Training & Employment team.
IRMO works to enable the development, agency, and participation of Latin Americans and other Spanish and Portuguese speakers, by responding to both immediate needs and structural inequalities. We do this by offering high-quality information and advice services, opportunities for development and training, and a platform to seek social and systemic change. Our work is organised across three main operational areas - Advice and Casework; Education, Training and Employment; Children and Young People - and a cross-cutting area - Advocacy, Research, Policy Mapping and Campaigning.
As part of our Education, Training & Employment team, the Employment Support Worker will take on a caseload of service users, providing free and confidential one-to-one advice; mentoring and casework in employment support matters to enable access to education; training and employment opportunities to project beneficiaries. The post holder will also deliver group sessions on CV writing, job-search tools, preparation for interviews, COVID safety at work, and similar.
- Working hours: Part-time (22.5 hours per week) or full-time (37.5 hours per week) if both language requirements are fulfilled
- Contract: Permanent
- Reporting to: Programme Manager - Education, Training & Employment
- Pay band: £25,258 to £27,341 per year (pro rata)
- Annual leave: 33 days per year (pro rata)
- Deadline to apply: 27th January 2022. We encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible. This is temporarily a remote position due to COVID-19, however, we require candidates to be available to work from our office in South London.
To apply, visit our website. Please do not send CVs as we do not shortlist from CVs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.