We are looking for an experienced and motivated management accountant to join our friendly team of 3.
Infinity Accountants Ltd is a boutique accountancy firm providing accountancy and financial management services to a small but growing number of organisations. Most of our clients are charities although we do work with mission-driven not for profit companies too. We generally provide a full service from basic bookkeeping through to producing year end accounts for audit. We also provide independent examiner services.
The purpose of the role is to provide bookkeeping and management accounting support to a portfolio of clients, managing some client accounts whilst providing support to those managing other clients, and to the practice itself.
The role requires an accountant with a broad range of bookkeeping and management accounting experience who is willing to roll their sleeves up and deal with the basics but capable of doing much more.
The post holder will work closely with and report directly to the Founding Director.
The role is for around 20 hours a week but the delivery of those 20 hours is very flexible.
Specific responsibilities will include;
- Working with client staff to post supplier invoices and maintain client purchase ledgers
- Managing pay runs to pay staff expenses and supplier invoices
- Handling enquiries from clients and suppliers
- Bank and ledger reconciliations
- Producing and posting journals
- Producing management accounts.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns, Companies House, and Charities Commission Annual Returns.
- Assisting clients with budgeting, budget management and with project budgets for fundraising applications
- Preparation of statutory charity accounts
- Dealing with queries from independent examiners and auditors
- Presenting and explaining financial information to client staff
- Training client staff in the use of Xero
- Proactive review and maintenance of client financial systems and processes
- Monthly raising of Infinity Accountant’s sales invoices to clients.
- Broad experience of the finance function from basic bookkeeping to accounts preparation.
- Experience of Xero
- Good MS Office skills especially Excel
- The ability to work to deadlines without close supervision
- A good eye for detail
- Strong analytical and numerical skills including the ability to sense check your own work
- A flexible “hands on” approach
- Possess or be studying toward a recognised bookkeeping or accountancy qualification
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain finance to non-financial staff
- Experience of producing management accounts and external reporting
- Experience of running payroll and liaising with HMRC
- VAT reporting
- Experience of training staff in the use of finance procedures and systems
- Experience of working in a practice handling multiple clients
- Advanced use of Excel including charts and graphs
- Production of year end accounts to TB
Experience of voluntary sector/charity accounting is not essential but would be advantageous.
The role will initially be in our offices in London SE1 (very close to London Bridge Station) but eventually will be able to be done remotely with regular in-person team days.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.