inFocus Consulting is a social impact consultancy firm, working in the UK, USA and international development arena. We support clients to improve both individual and organizational performance, by effectively planning for, measuring, evaluating and sustainably growing the impact of their work.
We specialize in strategy development, monitoring and evaluation and knowledge sharing and dissemination. Our international specialist team are committed to supporting a global portfolio of clients to increase the positive impact of their activities upon the lives of people and communities around the world, whether they are non-profits, governmental or for-profit entities.
Our mission is to ensure that individuals, organisations and communities are effectively empowered by sustainable and transformational solutions to resolve long-term and complex social issues. We support organisations in understanding the impact they hope to achieve and subsequently develop the right skills, capacities and tools to move forwards. We ensure that solutions are ‘generated by’ and ‘actively participated in’ by all vested stakeholders and then implemented in the most efficient and effective ways, making full use of the latest advances and understanding in both social and information technologies, along with their practical ‘in the field’ application.
To do this, we have a pool of highly skilled Staff & Associates based around the world, who are trained in our integrated service approach and are subject matter experts in sport for sustainable development and peace, children’s rights and child protection and women and girl’s rights, equality and empowerment. We apply a combination of training, consultancy and coaching solutions, designed to suit the varied contexts and challenges faced by our clients.
Position Description: inFocus Consulting is seeking to recruit a Senior Evaluation and Learning Consultant to deliver inFocus consultancy services and products with the inFocus team. The role would provide the opportunity to work with and build the capacities of interesting and inspiring NGO's in the UK and around the world.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing or supporting monitoring, evaluation and learning assignments: The Evaluation & Learning Consultant will project manage or support various external evaluations of client social programmes, and/or research assignments, with an emphasis on sport, culture & recreation, child protection and gender equity/equality and empowerment, education and health sectors. However, inFocus works across a diverse range of subject matters within the humanitarian and development sectors, internationally and in the UK. Project management will include managing the project team (which could be made up of internal staff and external associates), communicating with the client, designing the approach, undertaking technical evaluation delivery, writing reports/ delivering presentations, delivering interactive learning and analysis workshops, and ensuring that the project is delivered on time and within budget. Project support will include undertaking qualitative research, such as case studies, and quantitative research, such as designing and implementing surveys. It will also include some team and client liaison.
- Delivering Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) services to NGOs and social enterprises in the UK and globally. M&E services will include running theory of change workshops (both in-person and remotely), undertaking monitoring and evaluation needs assessments, developing M&E frameworks and running training (both in-person and remotely). InFocus has a central bank of materials, eLearning resources and toolkits which will be drawn upon by the Evaluation & Learning consultant. In particular, all M&E training courses that the Evaluation & Learning Consultant will help to deliver are already designed by inFocus.
- Improving existing inFocus products and services and developing new inFocus products and services to apply to the wider global network of charities and social enterprises accessing inFocus. This may include, for example, improving our eLearning training, an in-person training course, designing a new webinar, trialing a new evaluation method or developing a new process.
- Networking with other professionals in the international development sector (particularly sports, culture and recreation, child protection and gender equality) to make connections, recruit new associates and discuss new opportunities. For inFocus associate consultants, support with their training in relation to inFocus service delivery. Keeping up to date with the latest trends in M&E.
- Helping to source new work opportunities: Every week, the Evaluation & Learning Consultant will play an active role in searching for new bidding opportunities within a target region, by checking a list of websites and following up a number of existing leads. In the weekly sales and marketing call, these opportunities will be discussed as a team to reach a decision on which opportunities to pursue. The Evaluation & Learning Consultant will then work with the inFocus team to help to put a project team together, develop the proposal and budget, in line with inFocus internal approach, policies and processes.
To undertake other duties, as required, by Line Manager. The role will be based in the UK but may involve international travel.