We have a fantastic Post-Doctoral Fellowship in AI (Artificial Intelligence) opportunity on a full time, 2 year fixed term basis. You will receive a salary £48,096 per annum plus pension and excellent benefits.
As an independent regulator serving the public, the Information Commissioner upholds information rights for all. The ICO does this by promoting openness in public bodies, as well as data privacy for individuals, using our powers to enforce the law where necessary.
About the Post-Doctoral Fellowship in AI (Artificial Intelligence)
You will (in partnership with the Head of Technology Policy) develop a research goal within the broad field of AI and its societal impact, that helps advance and promote the data and privacy rights of citizens and society.
You will also support a range of ongoing activity within the ICO relating to AI technologies and systems, algorithms and models, and the broader impact of AI developments on data protection, the ethics of data use and privacy rights.
You will be a domain specialist, perhaps with deep technical experience in one or more AI technologies or perhaps your depth of experience is in the intersection between the technology and its impact on broader society. Through your expertise you will help the ICO, its stakeholders, and citizens understand and address issues related to the use of algorithms, models, data and probabilistic computing technologies.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship in AI (Artificial Intelligence) responsibilities:
- Provide key expertise on AI so that we are able to understand how personal data is processed in the context of AI systems
- Provide in-house expertise on AI developments and establish effective liaison between the ICO and relevant stakeholders at a technical level
- Develop the ICO’s relationship with key technology-related stakeholders and representing the ICO in situations where technical AI knowledge and understanding is required, e.g. meeting representative bodies and information rights interest groups, speaking at conferences, etc.
- Identify new areas for research and extend the research portfolio where appropriate, as well as plan and manage small-scale research activities using resources, labs, studios, maker spaces and workshops as appropriate.
- Using research as a driving force for cultural, social and political change at a global, national and local level.
Our ideal Post-Doctoral Fellowship in AI (Artificial Intelligence) candidate will have:
- A relevant Phd/evidence of relevant research activity, including publications, is essential
- Up to date, expert knowledge of current trends and practices relating to the use AI
- Willingness to participate with multidisciplinary teams is also a pre-requisite
Closing date: 23:59, Wednesday 21 October 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.