ISD is seeking a Senior Grant Manager to join our expanding project operations team. Playing a critical role in ensuring our growing international grant portfolio is managed to the highest standards, the post holder will be a senior member of the team and ensure that we are delivering on commitments to our donors. This position is a 12-month maternity cover.
ISD works with a range of government donors, institutional funders and major donors from across the world on a variety of exciting projects focused on hate, extremism and disinformation. At any one time, the organisation is delivering nearly 40 research, delivery, capacity building or network projects. Donors include the U.S. State Department, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Dutch Government, plus a range of major trusts and foundations. This year, we expect to have an annual budget of over £6.5 million.
The Senior Grants Manager provides oversight of this portfolio of donors throughout the grant management cycle, working both with ISD's operations team as well as project teams internationally. This role is responsible for ensuring our contractual obligations have been met, risks have been managed, and budgets have been tracked effectively. The post holder will also coordinate some of ISD’s business development activities with project teams to develop high-quality proposals, and line manage two direct reports.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide high-level support and quality control across the entire grant management cycle
- Provide financial oversight to key projects and ensure income and expenditure are tracked accurately
- Serve as the operations lead for identified high-risk projects, working as a focal point for project managers and the Head of Project Operations
- Lead ISD’s internal systems and processes around resource development, including managing ISD’s development pipeline and coordinating key proposal processes
- Provide effective line management to the Project Operations Manager and Project Operations Coordinator
The successful candidate will have significant senior grants experience within an international NGO, think tank, or public sector environment, with a proven track record of working with institutional donors and senior management teams. They will need first-class organisational skills, with the ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.