With over 19,000 members in 73 countries, the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS) is the leading professional body for scientists, support staff and students in the field of biomedical science.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Communications Officer to create and source content for our digital channels, aimed at our members and to help promote biomedical science to the public.
If you have a passion for delivering high-quality communications and experience of writing for different audiences please apply.
Applicants will be required to send their CV along with a two-page summary to outline how they fit the person specification, have a creative flare for writing and a positive can-do attitude.
Initially, you will be working from home, but we hope to return to office based work once government guidelines permits us.
The Communications Officer will be expected to provide support to the Head of Communications and Communications Team through researching and preparing written content across a number of channels, have responsibility for maintaining the IBMS website and social media channels, as well as administering public engagement resources for members.
Main duties include (see attached job description for further details)
- To research, write and distribute communications materials for digital and print publications such as: annual reports, newsletters, news stories and press releases, position statements, social media posts, award nominations and speeches, etc.
- Maintain IBMS’s media database and respond to enquiries from journalists.
- Source and commission design, photography, print and graphics for use across IBMS channels
- Assist the Head of Communications in the production of public engagement resources.
Website and digital communications
- Source and write news stories for website and social media.
- Ensure website content is up-to-date and accurate and provide support in its use to members and staff.
- Research, write, design and distribute newsletters to IBMS members.
- Provide content for our membership magazine newsletter.
- Monitor and moderate the IBMS’s digital channels.
- Provide support to promoting member’s events and managing the orders and delivery of requests for promotional items for public engagement activities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.