The iHV is seeking to appoint two new trustees who have expertise in either:
- Business development or Marketing/External relationships
The new Trustees will be passionate about the importance of investing support at the start of life to improve every child’s outcomes and will be experienced professionals in their fields. Previous experience in the charity sector would be helpful but not essential.
The duties of an iHV trustee are:
- Ensuring that the organisation pursues its stated objects (purposes), as defined in its governing document, by developing and agreeing a long-term strategy
- Ensuring that the organisation complies with its governing document (i.e. its memorandum and articles of association), charity law, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations
- Ensuring that the organisation applies its resources exclusively in pursuance of its charitable objects (i.e. the charity must not spend money on activities that are not included in its own objectives, however worthwhile or charitable those activities are) for the benefit of the public
- Ensuring that the organisation defines its goals and evaluates performance against agreed targets
- Safeguarding the good name and values of the organisation
- Ensuring the effective and efficient administration of the organisation, including having appropriate policies and procedures in place
- Ensuring the financial stability of the organisation
- Protecting and managing the property of the charity and ensuring the proper investment of the charity’s funds
- Following proper and formal arrangements for the appointment, supervision, support, appraisal and remuneration of the chief executive (if the charity employs staff)
In addition to the above statutory duties, each trustee should use any specific skills, knowledge or experience they have to help the board of trustees reach sound decisions. This may involve scrutinising board papers, leading discussions, focusing on key issues, providing advice and guidance on new initiatives, or other issues in which the trustee has special expertise.
Applications close: 12 noon on Friday 28 June. Successful applicants will be informed as soon as possible after that.
Interviews: Interviews will take place on Thursday 11 July in London. We advise all applicants to keep this date free.
How to apply: Please send a copy of your CV and a statement explaining why you would like to join our board and what personal qualities and relevant experience you believe you can offer us
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.