We are seeking a driven and a proactive Events & Conference Organiser to join us at the Institute of Physics (IOP) in the Science and Innovation department.
This is an exciting role which will deliver and support the special interest groups to deliver a programme of events which include awards ceremonies, multi-day residential conferences and one-day meetings.
- Work with committees and individual organisers to deliver event objectives
- Work with organisers to identify sponsorship opportunities and administer these arrangements
- Use the Department’s standard registration and abstract handling software, preparing and working to a conference budget
- Organisation of associated exhibitions, liaison with exhibitors, preparation of exhibition materials and off-site management of exhibitions
- Assisting with the preparation of proceedings, or other paper or electronic records, arising from the conference
- On—site attendance at events, which will include travel and overnight stays.
We are looking for a driven team-player who has the ability to work co-operatively with others to achieve common goals. They must be customer focused and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent negotiation and influencing skills are required to enable them to explore different positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain acceptance from all parties.
They will be proactive and able to think ahead to ensure the smooth completion of team/individual aims and objectives. They must be dependable, have attention to detail, excellent at multitasking and able to prioritise workloads.
Why work with us?
We are a charitable membership organisation with a worldwide membership from enthusiastic amateurs to those at the top of their sector in academia, business, education and government.
Our purpose is to gather, inspire, guide, represent and celebrate all who share a passion for physics. And, in our role as a charity, we’re here to ensure that physics delivers on its exceptional potential to benefit society.
This is an exciting time to join the team in our central London office. As we move into the next phase of our five-year strategy, which will include our move to the heart of the redevelopment in King’s Cross, close to partners such as Wellcome and Google, we are seeking new talent to help us create a contemporary organisation that is fit for the future.
In addition to a competitive salary and professional development opportunities, we offer employees a comprehensive benefits package including an excellent pension scheme, private medical insurance and generous annual leave. We also offer a range of other benefits including childcare vouchers, gym membership and interest free season ticket loans.
For further information on this role and to apply please visit the IOP Jobs website.
Closing date for applications: 14 August 2020
Interview date: 27 August 2020
The Institute of Physics is an equal opportunities employer. We request no contact from agencies or media sales.