Trust and Corporate Fundraiser
Circa £29,600 to £30,192 per annum actual (circa £37,000 to £37,740 per annum FTE)
Part Time, 28 hours per week
up to 12 months fixed term contract
Stevenage Herts / Hybrid working
What if you could change someone’s life?
What if your role helped to enhance educational opportunities in engineering for children and young people?
What if you were our Trust and Corporate Fundraiser?
At the IET, making our world a better place starts by creating a better place for our people. At IET and you’ll have more than just a job. Our work is exciting and challenging, connecting the people who solve the problems that matter. It means working with us has real meaning and impact, and you’ll grow – professionally and personally – in ways you never thought possible. We’re also making significant investments in our people, including providing a modern, vibrant workplace and embracing hybrid working.
What you’ll be doing
This is an opportunity to be part of a small, agile and collaborative team that has big impact and is willing to try new things to help grow income from trusts, foundations and companies to enhance educational opportunities in engineering for children and young people. We work across the organisation enhancing and supporting the Education and Awards teams, in particular, to realise their goals and fulfilling the charitable mission of the IET. As the Trust and Corporate Fundraiser, you will lead on a number of key existing donor relationships, as well as, developing new prospects.
What we hope you can bring to the role
You will be an experienced fundraiser with a trust or individual giving background and be able to quickly take responsibility for an established and growing portfolio of donors. Our donors include family foundations, corporate charitable foundations and more generalist trusts. We are looking for you to be able to work closely with the delivery teams of our high-profile STEM education and Scholarship and Bursary programmes and donors alike.
As such, you’ll be comfortable communicating with and reporting to senior stakeholders both within and outside the IET.
We’d love to get to know you
Is Imposter syndrome creeping in? Don’t worry – we’d rather hear from you this time than not hear from you at all! Read on for a little more information about the role; but also, keep in mind that we’re open to discussing flexible ways of working, including reduced hours and working in an agile way, supported by a hybrid working framework that allows you to find the best place to do your best work.
A little more about the role
- Manage and effectively steward relationships with a number of corporate foundations, charitable trust, and statutory grants.
- Research and manage a pipeline of opportunities of suitable trusts, foundations and companies and individuals
- Write and submit high quality, tailored funding applications within funders’ deadlines.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of relevant trusts, foundations and corporate communications.
- Work closely and effectively with delivery teams to gather and collate project information to enhance funding applications and reports
- Prepare budgets to support fundraising applications.
- Meet donors reporting requirements, ensuring high standards are consistently met.
- Contribute to the effective and excellent stewardship of donors, including at events
- A willingness to travel on occasion.
A little more about what we’re looking for
- Demonstrable experience of fundraising from Trusts and Foundations, and/or major donors.
- Fully IT literate including MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the confidence to talk to prospects and donors, in person or virtually
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Sound knowledge of Charity Law and Data Protection legislation and the Code of Fundraising Practice
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and relationship building skills as well as the ability to influence and motivate supporters at the most senior level
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
What if you could be you? The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To find out more, head over to our ‘Work for the IET’ site.
Please include a covering letter to support your application