To work closely with the Head of Policy and Advocacy to coordinate global advocacy efforts to maintain political action and investment in eye health. The Policy and Advocacy Manager will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of IAPB’s Integrated People-Centred Eye Care (IPEC) programme, working closely with the World Health Organization and IAPB members to facilitate the implementation of IPEC in all countries across the world. The post will also manage the delivery of several advocacy projects and events, and support IAPB’s expanding presence and activities at the United Nations.
Working closely with the Head of Policy and Advocacy the successful candidate will:
- Lead the development and delivery of IAPB’s activities on Integrated People-Centred Eye Care (IPEC), working closely with the World Health Organization and IAPB members to facilitate the implementation of IPEC in all countries;
- Support IAPB’s programme of work at the United Nations, coordinating the activities of the UN Friends of Vision and supporting the Head of Policy and Advocacy to build new relationships with UN institutions and development organisations;
- Develop, together with the Head of Policy and Advocacy, advocacy strategies to obtain global commitments to eye health at international forums such as the United Nations and World Health Assembly;
- Manage the organisation of key advocacy events and activities including speaking and facilitating events and workshops; briefing and liaising with high profile speakers; ensuring event promotion and coordinating with the communications and events teams;
- Represent IAPB at various international health and development forums and to establish strong networks to raise awareness of, and broaden support for, the eye health agenda;
- Enhance advocacy capacity across the eye health sector, providing guidance and training to members on advocacy approaches;
- Research and produce policy briefs, reports, tools and guidance to support IAPB policy initiatives and advocacy campaigns;
- Monitor and keep abreast of the relevant activities of key international institutions, such as the World Health Organization and the United Nations, and to identify policy and advocacy opportunities to advance the issue of vision and eye health;
- Be an ambassador for IAPB with all external stakeholders and support the Head of Policy and Advocacy to build new strategic partnerships with international institutions and networks for the benefit of the eye health sector;
- Work closely with IAPB’s communications team, to raise the profile of IAPB messages and advocacy activity, including providing content for internal and external communications;
- Produce project plans, milestones and key outcomes for projects, for discussion and agreement with the Head of Policy & Advocacy.
We want to hear from all interested candidates, and to be considered for the position we strongly recommend submitting a detailed covering letter along with your CV, outlining why you're right for the role.
You're one click away ... Apply Now!
Closing date for this role is June 04th
Please submit your CV with a covering letter
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.