We are looking to recruit an Administrative Coordinator (Maternity Cover) for our friendly team to provide general administrative support in the following key areas – Facilities Management and Office Administration. This opportunity would suit candidates who may also offer some experience in at least one (or more) of the following additional areas: Membership Services, Human Resources, Health and Safety.
This is a fixed term appointment (to March 2021) subject to performance review. Please see `additional documents’ section at the bottom of the advert for full Job Description and Person Specification. The expected start date is Monday 16th March 2020.
The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics' (FIGO) vision is that women of the world achieve the highest possible standards of physical, mental, reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing throughout their lives. The organisation leads on global programme activities, with a particular focus on sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America and South East Asia.
FIGO is proud to represent national societies of obstetricians and gynecologists in 132 countries and territories, with active participation via specialist Committees and Working Groups. Each member society is committed to supporting FIGO’s aim for women of the world to achieve the highest possible standards of physical, mental, reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing throughout their lives.
FIGO’s diverse membership, along with our global reach and connections with other world organisations, strengthens our position as the global voice for women’s health.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
General and professional education
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or relevant work experience (with good A Levels or equivalent)
Knowledge and experience
- Demonstrable experience of providing general administrative support in the following areas – Facilities Management and Office Administration
- Experience of working in diverse cultural environments
- Experience of working both independently and as part of a team, exercising autonomy and personal authority as needed
- Demonstrable experience of Membership Services, Human Resources, Health and Safety
- Experience working within a charity / not for profit
- Experience working within a membership organisation
- Evidence of higher level qualification / continuous development in one of the following areas: Facilities Management, Human Resources, Membership Services, Health and Safety or Office Administration could be an advantage
- Proficiency in another language could also be an advantage e.g. French or Spanish (If so, please state your proficiency clearly in your cover letter)
BENEFITS (following successful completion of probation period)
•Generous life assurance and optional income protection available
•Pension - Up to 10% employer contribution available
•Season ticket loan available / Dental and health optional benefits
•25 days' annual leave (plus Bank and Statutory holidays and any working days between Christmas Day and the first working day in January) and other days e.g. Moving Day.
•Flexible working hours
•Employee assistance programme
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send your CV and one page cover letter outlining your experience via the Apply Now button. Please note that applications without a cover letter may not be considered. Please also note that only those candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
•Closing Date for applications : 11pm on Friday 31st January
•N.B. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 12th February in Waterloo, London.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO THOSE WHO HAVE THE RIGHT TO RESIDE AND WORK IN THE UK. WE WILL EXPECT RELEVANT PROOF OF SUCH IF ASKED FOR AN INTERVIEW (PLEASE DO NOT SEND THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION).
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.